Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2006, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 12,258 times

Advertisements

I was trying to find some info on the big cat refuge located in Center Point Indiana. I was told about it at work, but couldn't find it last weekend when I drove thru town. I would appreciate any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2006, 07:16 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,742,543 times
Exotic Feline Rescue Center, 221 E. Ashboro Rd., Center Point IN 47840.
812-835-1130. They have a website. Wonderful facility and they do great work. We have been there a half dozen times.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:41 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,573,247 times
Do you think it would be fun for me and my 3 young kids (6, 5 & 2)? I'm always looking for daytrips to take the kids when school is on break. We went to Newport Aquarium last week and had a fabulous time.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:26 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,742,543 times
DG, Check out their website and I think you'll find it to be a neat place to take the kids. Lotsa tigers, lions and cougars. The last we visited they had rescured a family of lions from upstate NY which had been living in some moron's basement. Their growth had been stunted because of their living conditions. Like I said this facility does great work.
Have you visited the covered bridges in Parke County, visited the Children's Museum and seen the dolphin show at the zoo? How about the flea market at Shipshawana?

Old 10-28-2006, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 12,258 times
Default cat refuge

Do you know what the web site is?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 PM

I've been on their website. I think we'll definitely check it out. It's nice being smack dab in the middle of the state.

We belong to the CM and the zoo, so we go a lot. Grew up near Shipshewana and Amish Acres ... BNDT. I do want to visit Parke County and Lincoln's boyhood home. I love Southern Indiana.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,124 times
http://www.exoticfelinerescuecenter.org

Old 01-08-2007, 06:19 AM

Apparently a mountain lion escaped from there yesterday!!! Still haven't found him, but did find a couple raccoon carcases ...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 17,438 times
The big cat refuge you are talking about is called the Exotic Feline Rescue Center, it is located in Center Point, IN, about 60 miles west of Indianapolis. It is unquestionably worth the trip to visit! Joe Taft is the owner, and has 197 cats, from 7 different cat families; lions, tigers, 1 white tiger, leopards, servals, bobcats, lynxs, and a caracal. It costs $10 for adults and $5 for children, and it is well worth the money! The money goes right back into the care of the cats, 100%! It takes about an hour to tour the facility, and you get within 3 feet of the cats. Many of the cats are very interactive with the visitors. You can visit the web site at exoticfelinerescuecenter.org, and click on photos, and see hundreds of pictures that Stephen McCloud took of the cats. I am a little partial of the place, I worked there for 2 years, have bottle fed babies, started IV's on them, helped neuter one of the tigers, and fed the cats, butchered cows, horses, deer, etc, to feed them, cleaned cages, built cages, and unfortunately I am a single mother and couldn't afford to continue to work there, but I am also a nurse. So responsibility comes first. Joe Taft, the owner is one of the absolutly dedicated people that I have ever met. He is ALL about the cats, even when they die, they are cremated and their remains stay there! He rescues the cats from the most devistating conditions, and they live their life out at the center. They love it there, the cages are built above and beyond the federal standards for size. In my opinion, it IS the BEST place in the world to see!!
Sandy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis