Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 08:29 PM

36 posts, read 49,194 times

Advertisements

Eh at this time i'm not looking to move that far away (to ND). Denver and Seattle maybe down the road a bit. Those are the cities that I would just feel like id love despite never being there. I am going to portland next year. I know it's not exactly seattle, but a similar area.

I had an interview in Columbus that went well, and I have one in Buffalo on the 5th. I still haven't heard back on anything in Indy yet. But i'm hopeful for something so I can drive out and and least be there and see it for a bit.

I was in South Dakota a few years ago and loved it. I'm a huge fan of areas with low humidity. Like a huuuge fan. I haven't looked into humidity levels at all, but is Indy's humidity really that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 06:11 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrrs89 View Post
Eh at this time i'm not looking to move that far away (to ND). Denver and Seattle maybe down the road a bit. Those are the cities that I would just feel like id love despite never being there. I am going to portland next year. I know it's not exactly seattle, but a similar area.

I had an interview in Columbus that went well, and I have one in Buffalo on the 5th. I still haven't heard back on anything in Indy yet. But i'm hopeful for something so I can drive out and and least be there and see it for a bit.

I was in South Dakota a few years ago and loved it. I'm a huge fan of areas with low humidity. Like a huuuge fan. I haven't looked into humidity levels at all, but is Indy's humidity really that bad?
I can't imagine it's really any different than Cleveland.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:25 PM

6 posts, read 8,989 times
I'm from Cleveland, and really love the city. I live in Indianapolis now because my husband has a great job here, and grew up here. However, it's not my favorite place and it may strike you as boring if you're from Cleveland. Indy is much more like a smaller Columbus than a smaller Cleveland. It's got a lot of sports bars, a quite Republican population, and a general air of blandness about it. Its food scene is growing, but you won't find the quality or diversity of restaurants here that you would in Cleveland. The people are also less diverse, for the most part. It does have Lilly and IUPUI seems to be a growing employer.
I'd suggest you look elsewhere if you're young and somewhat liberal-leaning. Chicago, Minneapolis, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Madison, Ann Arbor, even Columbus are preferable if you want to stay Midwest.
Best of luck to you!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I can't imagine it's really any different than Cleveland.
Be careful how you say that with the Cleveland boosters here. They think they are hipper than they really are.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:00 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Be careful how you say that with the Cleveland boosters here. They think they are hipper than they really are.
I meant as far as humidity goes. I guess I didn't really point out what part of his post I was replying to.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:45 PM

17 posts, read 22,007 times
Cleveland is hip? WOW!! I guess I have a lot to learn. :/

Old 01-22-2015, 07:56 PM

34 posts, read 62,999 times
Indy would be a great city to move to. The area is safe, newer, and clean! I live in Northwest Indiana, but every time I drive down to Indy you can how much it's changing with new buildings, businesses, and apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis