U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 PM

38 posts, read 65,620 times

Advertisements

Their both good - if you're comparing the two, feel free to check out Westfield or Noblesville as well.

I went to Noblesville and dated an attractive, but snobbish Carmel girl my senior year of High school and frosh year of college. That had no relevance whatsoever.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 9,739 times
I graduated from Carmel High School. Yes, it's a large school with thousands of students. However, when I graduated, there was something like 600 clubs and activities that the students were able to get involved in. There's everything from book clubs, to board game clubs, to the yearbook staff, to Habitat for Humanity to stand up comedy teams. There is something for everyone if the students are willing to get involved. If the students aren't, then they'll probably feel a little "lost in the crowd". When I went to college I personally felt that it was easier than high school. I had spare time on my hands which allowed me to work a couple of jobs and take classes full time. My education was fantastic.

Fishers is a great school system as well. Picking between the two will probably be more about your kids - their different personality types. If they love being involved in activities and being around people then I don't think you have a concern either way. If they tend to be a little more introverted then Fishers may be better for them because the schools will be smaller.

I still have siblings at the elementary school, middle school, and high school at Carmel. My parents personally feel like they should pay more for in taxes in return for the education that their kids have gotten at Carmel. They moved to Carmel specifically for the schools.

I'd recommend looking at the communities themselves too. There's so much to do outside of the school in both Carmel and Fishers. Check out the housing. Your money will go a little farther in Fishers than it will in Carmel. Fishers has quite a few production communities in all price ranges. Carmel has limited those communities some.

I work with quite a few families that relocate here from all over the country. I always recommend to my clients, that they go visit the school systems. Meet some of the staff. Both school systems have lots of students that relocate in from out of the area. If time is on your side, go to one of the school events. Experience the schools.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 AM

21 posts, read 62,853 times
I was a teacher for 7 years and chose Noblesville over the other 'burbs specifically for the school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis