Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 AM

172 posts, read 511,741 times

Advertisements

As far as being called a 'hick' or a 'redneck' or 'low IQ', I think this thread is pretty indicative of the Indy area. It's really docile and mellow. Outsiders may think of 'Hoosiers' that way, but how are you going to change their minds? After all, it's not a recent change - Hoosiers have been thought of in that way, by outsiders, for a long time. What are you doing to change the perception?

I've been here nearly a year and I havn't met any angry or out of control indivuduals. Not a lot of passion either. I would have thought that Indy fans would be MUCH MORE passionate about their team! '49er fans are RABID!

I've watched NFL games in a number of stadiums(not here yet) and I've almost always seen a few drunken and out of control fans. I've never considered them 'rednecks' just low class and rowdy. It's just not cool to show your ass in piblic like that. I suspect that Indy has the same kind of fans here and there.

But, the thing that really sticks out is that folks around here seem very slow to get their dander up. Nothing seems to get them going. I don't see a lot of passionate conversation, even about the upcoming election!

Maybe visitors mistake Indy fans passion for drunken behavior? I just don't know. Maybe it just takes a few beers to get them going to a point that they begin to 'let their hair down'?

As for your rant against domergirl, I would have thought that the Indy fans in the thread would have jumped to the front long before now. I think she's just been watching a commenting because it's been sort of a 'low key' conversation. I wouldn't expect her to defend YOUR 'fanship'. If you're offended, jump into the fray! Start insulting the other teams fans! With dignity and clarity, of course.

I posted early on that I would not wear my teams jersey in at a competitor's city out of respect. No one seem to regard that as worthy of consideration either.

macreek1, maybe you and you Indy fan bretheren just need to get fired up?
Best of luck to you and the Indy team next year!
GO '9ers!

Old 02-24-2008, 06:23 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
And so it goes that I will close this thread with a letter written to the Indianapolis Star by the mom of the boo'd 14 year old. The last line is classic!!!
Getting booed by Colts fans wasn't all that bad | IndyStar.com
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis