Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 12:32 PM

12 posts, read 9,519 times

Advertisements

Mod delete.wrong area. Sorry

Last edited by Drmax1111; 11-28-2015 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Wrong area posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 01:15 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,264,292 times
You may want to move this over to the Real Estate forum. You'll get more/better advice.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:23 PM

Oh yes. Sorry. Flubbed up. Will try to remove. Thx and I did post in the correct area

Old 11-28-2015, 01:40 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,152,671 times
Let me say this. There is only a few types of loans FHA, VA, low-interest Rural Development Loan, bank mortgage Each have different requirements.

Usually what happens to a loan is the buyer goes to his bank and states he wants to buy your house. He provides your address and if he knows who holds your mortgage. The banker sends the bank paid appraisor to look at your house. S/he is he person who advises the bank as to whether or not your bank should take the loan. The buyer's FICO score makes a diference as to whether or not he can get the loan financed. Depending upon the type of loan and where it is financed, it can take anywhere from 30-90 days to Close it. You should have 15-30 days to move. This is standard operating policy from coast to coast.

I don't know what those folks are drinking in their coffee, if everything is in order, rural will take your property. The buyer is paying more than 20% down. The 20% is a standard fixed-rate 20-35 year loan.

If you and the buyers agreed and signed a contact... the house is sold. Unless there is a cloud on the property you should not have any problems. The Lawyer must read the legals on your property title, warranties, etc.. If there is something wrong (a cloud on the property), the house will not proceed to Close until it is corrected. (I owned one of those properties once. It took 26 months and three surveys to correct 12 inches that enroached on the neighbor.) If the buyer backs out YOU get the escrow. The realtors don't get a dime.

You've done all the right things. It sounds like your lawyer needs to look into who is doing what and why things are sour.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:49 PM

I don't have a lawyer. It's the buyers issue. Nothing wrong with my property other that bank don't think it marketable. Possibly the private runway or whatever it is. If he don't get financing, he gets his escrow, as wrtitten in mine and most contracts. Yeah I think somebody is smoking something. House is honestly worth more than I'm asking. Maybe 60k more. Even buyer knows this. We just wanna move on. I'll have my realtor put a closer eye on the appraisal, as the buyer agent sent to my agent LOL. we all want this to work so we are all together on this

Old 11-28-2015, 01:56 PM

Believe it's a conventional

Old 11-28-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Let me say this. There is only a few types of loans FHA, VA, low-interest Rural Development Loan, bank mortgage Each have different requirements.

Usually what happens to a loan is the buyer goes to his bank and states he wants to buy your house. He provides your address and if he knows who holds your mortgage. The banker sends the bank paid appraisor to look at your house. S/he is he person who advises the bank as to whether or not your bank should take the loan. The buyer's FICO score makes a diference as to whether or not he can get the loan financed. Depending upon the type of loan and where it is financed, it can take anywhere from 30-90 days to Close it. You should have 15-30 days to move. This is standard operating policy from coast to coast.

I don't know what those folks are drinking in their coffee, if everything is in order, rural will take your property. The buyer is paying more than 20% down. The 20% is a standard fixed-rate 20-35 year loan.

If you and the buyers agreed and signed a contact... the house is sold. Unless there is a cloud on the property you should not have any problems. The Lawyer must read the legals on your property title, warranties, etc.. If there is something wrong (a cloud on the property), the house will not proceed to Close until it is corrected. (I owned one of those properties once. It took 26 months and three surveys to correct 12 inches that enroached on the neighbor.) If the buyer backs out YOU get the escrow. The realtors don't get a dime.

You've done all the right things. It sounds like your lawyer needs to look into who is doing what and why things are sour.
While I have you here (and no one responding in the correct area) can a lender knowingly decline a property (for some reason) due to the buyer wanting to back out? I'm sure it's illegal, but is it possible?

Old 12-21-2015, 09:07 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,042,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmax1111 View Post
While I have you here (and no one responding in the correct area) can a lender knowingly decline a property (for some reason) due to the buyer wanting to back out? I'm sure it's illegal, but is it possible?
If I am reading your scenario correctly, and I am not certain I am, if you have 20% down, you are ineligible for the USDA Rural Housing program
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis