Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 09:17 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times

Advertisements

Sad to hear this. This was a fun place to eat before Colts games.

What's going on at Circle Center? Long time businesses are leaving.

Anyone hear of any new business lined up to move in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
I think Johnny Rockets closing has less to do with the very real decline of Circle Center Mall, and more to do with the fact that it was not that great and there is more competition now. There are at least a handful of superior choices downtown that did not exist 10 years ago.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:39 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
I thought Johnny Rockets was better than the food court options and we always had good service.

Surprised to see Johnston & Murphy leaving, they were original tenants and seemed to do a good business.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:45 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,102 times
Abercrombie & Fitch is leaving now also.

I wouldn't want to be in retail anywhere

Old 01-27-2016, 06:44 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
A&F closed all but one store in Indiana, including at the Fashion Mall, Fort Wayne, and Evansville. The only location left is at the outlet mall in Edinburgh. Some things, like that, is about the retailer and today's trends, not so much the mall itself. I haven't been shopping at Circle Centre in forever. I used to enjoy going there when it was unique. When it had a bunch of shops you couldn't find without going to Chicago. Most of those left and it became the same thing that exists in every mall. So no incentive to go there anymore. I think many enclosed malls in general are suffering these days.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:00 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
The only time I went to Johnny Rockets at Circle Center they sat our group of four at the counter. That's fine, but I was sitting next to an open trash can that smelled horribly. It ruined the meal. I refused to ever go back.

Like A & F, it's a concept past it's time.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:50 AM

9 posts, read 8,035 times
I ate here once, it was basically a pricier Steak & Shake.

The only difference was that Steak & Shake is better. And there's one down the street.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:06 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
This mall is dying. I'm in Indy once a year (annual business meeting), always pass through the mall, and every year I notice fewer stores and an emptier building.

In 10 years this mall will be converted to something else, IMO.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:26 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,296 times
I don't think CC mall will last much longer either. I was there for the grand opening, I might even still have the stuff from the goodie bags they handed out (I used to keep stuff like that). The mall itself has had numerous issues with too many unsupervised teens that I know some people would rather drive to another side of town for shopping. You then add the parking factor. I will say I have to give them credit for keeping parking rates reasonable all these years, and I never had trouble finding a spot in the above ground garage. I used to work downtown and would walk over to the mall for lunch about once a week. I usually ended up going to the bookstore or just sitting in the Arts Garden.

I haven't been to Johnny Rockets for years, maybe fifteen years or so. Like someone else pointed out, there are better places downtown I would rather spend my money that aren't in a mall food court. I'm surprised A&F has lasted this long. I don't really notice their clothing all that much. I seem to notice the their Hollister clothing line over the last decade. A&F seemed to push the upper class party and socializing lifestyle, almost college Greek like. I remember my sister got their catalog years ago, and they made the news a few years for the nudity in it. Plus, trends are changing. Go to any high school or college campus about three or so years ago and the trend on the woman side of things is leggings. Now that trend is spreading to almost all age brackets and body types. Almost everyone is trying to get into the legging thing, and I don't know if A&F sold those or not. If they didn't, they missed the boat. Also, Victoria's Secret has really moved beyond just the underwear category. I see a lot of young women wearing their 'Pink' brand of clothing. Plus they have swimsuits now as well. I told my wife I would be surprised if they start coming out with jeans.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:26 PM

368 posts, read 638,644 times
The mall in downtown cbus closed but the apts..etc that are replacing the mall is a much better development long term..I'm sure downtown Indy whitch has a lot of momentum will be better in the long run with possible new developments etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis