U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 09:03 PM

5,868 posts, read 7,093,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad15681 View Post
What does the knowledge exam consist of? How many questions. Seems weird to have to take a written test if I am transferring my current drivers license when I move to Indy.
Go here: the driver's manual and a practice exam is found on this page. I too was surprised when I had to take the written test after moving back to Indiana.

https://www.in.gov/bmv/2581.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 11:27 PM

2 posts, read 222 times
Thanks for the link rrah,
But the site doesn't mention "how many questions" are on the knowledge exam. Just says you can take a sample practice test.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:51 AM

5,868 posts, read 7,093,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad15681 View Post
Thanks for the link rrah,
But the site doesn't mention "how many questions" are on the knowledge exam. Just says you can take a sample practice test.
No, and sorry I don't recall how many were on there. Knowing the signs, even the obscure ones, is important as I remember. I also remember it didn't take long to do the test. That said, I've always been one of those fast test takers.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:14 AM

2,588 posts, read 4,722,143 times
I moved back to Indiana two years ago. Of course, I took the written exam. In order to pass the test, I highly recommend that you read the Drivers' Manual. I think there were 20 or so questions.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:16 PM

6,214 posts, read 8,363,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfarr56 View Post
Your first question should be somewhere in this link. It didn't jump out at me.
: Obtaining a Driver's License

We also have excise tax on vehicles. Be prepared. $$$

2nd question - no.
Indiana has NO VEHICLE INSPECTIONS OF ANY KIND.

Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that over half the vehicles on our roads are potential death machines. Nope - we don't even give the driver a chance to get drunk first.

Scares me when I see a broken driver or passenger window replaced with duct tape and a garbage bag.

They should just close Indiana down.
Lake and Porter Counties have smog test way up in NWI

Old Today, 06:12 PM

64 posts, read 50,256 times
I think it was 50 questions. It stops when you've gotten enough right to pass, so you may not see all 50. Test was hard and you need to read the manual to know obscure numerical figures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis