Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:32 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,076,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
May not be easy. There's not a lot of love for the Pacers on City-Data.
Pro-sports are more and more being seen for what they are. Plenty of the "fans" who go to the game only go because they are the type of person that needs something, anything to do. Many also want to drink. Same with the Colts, Indy 11, and the Indians. Add into the fact that Indianapolis seems to have a fan base that runs to whatever team is in the news (ie: Doing well, winning) and it isn't shocking that the Pacers aren't getting any love. In the past I never cared so much for sports. I followed some news about the teams, would recognize the big names, but that is about it. That being said, I know for many people following a team is a big deal. The Pacers haven't had much popularity in recent times, not like the Reggie Miller era (at least to me). I think college sports are better anyway. Lots of young people trying their best because big money is on the line in their future. Once people get to pro-sports status, I think they are hesitant to go full out because they want to last as long as they can, especially those who are just making the minimum and aren't really the leaders of the teams.

If the Pacers start going deep into the playoffs, everyone will come running back to the wagon. The off-court stuff years back didn't do the team any good, but they can recover. It might just take time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 01:09 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,657,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
There's a whole separate forum on here for sports with a basketball subforum. I'm going to guess this is where mods would prefer you keep an active thread about a sports team.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/basketball/

That's a good point. However, I do see sports related topics being posted in other threads in their respective cities.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:17 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,328,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
That's a good point. However, I do see sports related topics being posted in other threads in their respective cities.
Pretty sure it's fine in either place. Some people like to play mod on the weekends though.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure it's fine in either place. Some people like to play mod on the weekends though.

Do you watch all the games?

Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Do you watch all the games?
My problem is I live in Northern VA, so no, not even close. I do watch several online after the face. I read the IndyStar page and NBA site as well.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 PM

damn

Old 12-08-2017, 07:42 PM

251 posts, read 311,504 times
Wow Pacers end Cavs winning streak. Oladipo outplays Lebron. Now if IU can beat the living crap out of corrupt Louisville tomorrow it'll be beautiful (in more ways than 1).

Last edited by sportzfn; 12-08-2017 at 08:11 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzfn View Post
Wow Pacers end Cavs winning streak. Oladipo outplays Lebron. Now if IU can beat the living crap out of corrupt Louisville tomorrow it'll be beautiful (in more ways than 1).
If Oladipo doesn't get an All-Star nod something is wrong with the league. Looking at the highlights, I love the way the Pacers are moving the ball. Should be a good game with IU and Louisville!

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 12-09-2017 at 04:31 AM..

Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 AM

251 posts, read 311,504 times
Quote:
If Oladipo doesn't get an All-Star nod something is wrong with the league. Looking at the highlights, I love the way the Pacers are moving the ball. Should be a good game with IU and Louisville!
I'm not even a huge IU fan but there's something about being on these boards that makes me want IU to slaughter them. hmmmm I wonder what that would be....yeah Victor should make it.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:59 AM

He's getting a lot of media attention lately, but this is a good team that does not wither under adversity. They seem to be coming together more and more. Good stuff with a come behind win:

Quote:
Oladipo scores career-high 47 points
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...igh-47-points/

Quote:
The Pacers came back from double digits to force overtime and knock off the Nuggets. They did that behind Victor Oladipo and his career high 47 points. Oladipo was unstoppable and his 32 second-half points led the Pacers back into the game. Once the Pacers got to overtime, it was smooth sailing.

Quote:
The Indiana Pacers Are Extremely Fun
https://deadspin.com/the-indiana-pac...fun-1821171855

Quote:
Quietly, the Indiana Pacers are one of the real powerhouse offensive teams in the NBA this season. It’s weird, right? Look at the NBA’s top eight in offensive rating, and you see some usual suspects: the Warriors, the Rockets, the Cavs, the Raptors, the Timberwolves, the Nuggets—all teams with star-type offensive players, or layers of big-time offensive weapons, or both. In there, at seventh, are the Pacers. The Pacers!...

...But after Sunday’s fun overtime win over the Nuggets, the Pacers are 16-11, good for fifth in the Eastern Conference, and that’s having faced the fourth-toughest schedule in the NBA, according to ESPN.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 12-11-2017 at 06:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis