U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 02:15 PM

697 posts, read 351,113 times

Advertisements

Gas and water are billed together in Indianapolis. My most expensive bill for gas, water and electricity was last February at $280.

My parents in the Denver area had $400/month gas and electric bills: large house + no insulation + enjoying fresh air with the front door open in the winter will do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM

229 posts, read 137,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Market District at 116th & Illinois has a Mexican food stand inside--along with a salad bar, soul food stand and sushi. That's the best Mexican food I've had here. Mostly, I make my own--I can't find chili verde for love nor money. Pasture-raised pork is available, and the climate and cheap real estate make it easy to grow your own tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers and herbs.

My canned salsa sold out in 20 minutes at work. (The pickles hardly moved.) So there is an appreciation for Mexican food here.
Rats! We were right near Market District, as it turns out. Next time, I guess.

Yeah, when we returned home and I was describing our so-so Mexican food experience to my husband, I suggested we may be better off making our own, anyway. And growing some of our own ingredients sounds like a great idea!

Old 10-28-2018, 09:47 PM

5,327 posts, read 7,663,492 times
There is a new authentic Mexican restaurant in Carmel that you might like. It is a family owned place called Loren and Mari’s. It is near 116th and Keystone. Everything is fresh and house made, including chips and salsa.

I have been disappointed with most of the Mexican restaurants here, most of the food bland, the chips are poured out of a bag and the salsa from a jar.

Old Today, 06:06 PM

64 posts, read 50,256 times
If you like Rubio's, try Tijuana Flats in Fishers.
If you like low key taco/burrito places in SoCal, try Leonardo's on Michigan Rd just south of Carmel.

Spent 3 years in San Diego(Chula Vista) and 18 months in Carmel. I loved both places!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or