Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:56 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,207 times

Advertisements

OK, I am interested in your honest perceptions of CP Morgan. I know a lot of people have a negetive feeling towards them, but I just kind of want to explore why, and if those conceptions are still true.

I can't go into detail, I'm afraid, without sounding like I'm advertising, but I will say that the CP Morgan folks work well with Realtors, and have been in my office recently talking about "The NEW CP Morgan" and inviting us out to see.

They say the homes they are building now have more detail, and will feel a bit more "Hanson and Horn"-ish.

I straight out asked the rep about CP Morgan's bad rep, and she answered my questions very well about 1) how they do it so inexpensively, and 2) if the quality is there.

So, what do you think of CP Morgan, and do you have any experience to back up those feelings or are they just "What you've heard"?

PS: DomerGirl, If you are worried that this is too close to advertising or breaking the TOS, just let me know, maybe I can change it and/or remove some things if you feel it is necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 08:17 AM

42 posts, read 208,651 times
My wife and I were seriously considering building with CP. However, we ended up going with another builder. CP would/could not match any incentives that the other builder offered. The things I did not like about CP are:

* you have to add everything- lights, outlets, everything
* I do not like their textured walls - to me it looks cheap
* use lots of greenboard on outside of house
* no incentives

Things I liked:
* the size of homes
* their 10,000 sq.ft showroom
* sales staff

Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Thank you for your response, great feedback! Anyone else?

Old 06-06-2008, 09:03 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I would not construe this as advertising, unless you worked for CP Morgan. You aren't soliciting business, just opinions, which is ok last time I checked. Have at it

Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 AM

38 posts, read 180,874 times
I am one of those with a negative image of CP Morgan. If they are trying to become "The New CP Morgan", imo, they need to. My impression of CP Morgan is houses and neighborhood layouts with very little personality, cheaper materials, and lots stacked one on top of another (maximum density)...

Their Summerlake subdivision in Pendleton is a case in point. Pendleton is by no means a "snobby" community, but from my experience, many residents in the town are very upset about what CP Morgan built there, and I don't blame them.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 PM

10 posts, read 52,813 times
the same is true about there subdivision in monrovia.the houses look large but all you get is a shell everything is extra and they texture the walls so they can hide all the imperfections.why not hire a pro to do the drywall?they even texture the walls that wallpaper.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 PM

ZEN-- Why do you think they use cheaper materials?

When I asked about that the girl said the reason they can get it less expensive is because they work the same all year long, not just a seasonal rush in the summer when everything is more expensive. According to her, they use the same materials as everyone else.

Do you know of a way I can check when I go look at their homes? Is there anything I can look for to tell me their materials are cheaper??

Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 PM

guys all the material they have in there houses is the same we use in our 1/4 mill customs its not the material its all instalation.and i am not talking down anybody in spite of what most people think there are just as many lazy no count american drywall guys as there are mexican i take that back the mexican guys are not lazy some of them just dont have a clue if you take there tools away.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 PM

42 posts, read 208,651 times
I know a popular complaint I have heard with CP Morgan is the greenborad they use on the outside of their houses. They seem to use a lot of it. I have seen it up close and it is pretty thin. I know another builder uses Typar and it seems a bit thicker/sturdier.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:37 AM

typar is a wrap material only about 2 mills thick.i dont care for cp either but if you are going to complain about them you should atleast know what you are talking about i believe they went to the green board as you call it because the black celotex was supposedly emitting fumes when the sun hit it.inspecters make us cover it in unfinished garages now.honestly i think the green board is the same as what everybody else is using.there is a minimumthickness you can useand the color is just how they tell what is what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis