U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,462 times
Default Fletcher Place - is it safe?

Hello, I'm considering moving to Fletcher Place and am wondering if people consider it to be safe. I'm currently living south of 38th Street and I rent a wonderful property but unfortunately do not feel safe because of all the prostitutes, drug deals, and gunshots.

Fletcher Place looked safer to me, and the police department site seemed to indicate that there were fewer crimes there. Thanks for any words of wisdom you can offer. It would be wonderful to live in a neighborhood that was less scary!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 AM

2,696 posts, read 5,507,938 times
Fletcher place is being improved by the gentrification and investment. I can see it continuing. The whole area from Lilly to the east and even south is on an upswing. I have not heard anything about the area in the negative and was one of the areas we considered buying a home. We ended up in St. Joseph and have been very happy with the area.

Really not much happens in these residential areas where there are new and involved residents. Ours has even become quieter since the liquor store became more upscale and the clientel changed. The police are very responsive to problems and we have come up with creative solutions that worked.

I would inspect the area around where you are going to live by walking around and checking to see if there are any "problem" properties. But I would still consider buying in Fletcher Place.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM

32 posts, read 54,733 times
I work with a woman who has lived in Fletcher Place for 13 years and she says she has never had any crime related problems. Hope that helps!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 17,271 times
I live nearby in Fountain Square and walk/jog around Fletcher Place. I am a youngish female and feel safe walking around there by myself.

Very cute neighborhood. If I planned to stay in Indy for a few more years, I'd look to buy a house there!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM

63 posts, read 193,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelmaisabelle View Post
Hello, I'm considering moving to Fletcher Place and am wondering if people consider it to be safe. I'm currently living south of 38th Street and I rent a wonderful property but unfortunately do not feel safe because of all the prostitutes, drug deals, and gunshots.
Do we live in the same place? I too live just south of 38th street and live in fear of my life. My apt is nice but the area - not so nice. Almost got car jacked last week. Guy came up and tried to open my door but it was locked and I gunned the engine.

Looking at guns next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis