Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 06:39 PM

12 posts, read 46,510 times

Advertisements

I'm a student currently living in Speedway, but I'm from Bloomington. I'm looking for some good pizza places around here. By good I mean made from scratch and oven baked, brick oven baked! I strongly dislike Pizza from Dominoes, pizza hut, etc...where they place their premade pizza dough with your toppings on a conveyor belt and heat it that way. If you've ever been to Bloomington, hopefully you've tried Cafe Pizzeria (located on Kirkwood). That's probably some of the best pizza I've ever had. I also like Deweys (Newport, KY), and Pizza Oven (Evansville).

I'm also looking for some good restaurants. I like Local places that you can't find anywhere else. Especially if they get the food from the area too. Again from Bloomington, Yogi's is great! Scotties too, and I believe there is one of those up here somewhere. Opie taylors...so many.

If you're from the area, or just happen to know of some places, I'd love to hear some ideas!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 PM

5,982 posts, read 4,965,682 times
This will be a bit of a hike for you, but I would recommend Bella Pizza in Clay Terrace (Carmel). I ate there while visiting my parents last month, and it's definitely made from scratch!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:21 PM

155 posts, read 731,967 times
Puccini's on 86th Street is the best pizza i've ever had. There's another location in Indianapolis and I also saw one in West. Lafayette.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:49 PM

4 posts, read 12,507 times
I would recommend the pizza at Union Jacks in Speedway. It is great..but definitely go with friends as you will be FULL!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:03 AM

891 posts, read 2,440,762 times
Some Guys, Puchini's or IMO the best is Bazeaux -- any of those three are excellent. .

Old 09-02-2008, 02:08 PM

12 posts, read 46,510 times
Wow great! I will have to start trying these places! I think I've heard of Bella Pizza and Puchini's before now that you mention the name. Since Union Jacks is probably the closest I'll have to give them a try real soon.

Thanks everyone!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:57 PM

891 posts, read 2,440,762 times
I've heard others rave about Bella's Pizza - and I tried it and it was decent - but it is more of a pizza stand type of place that has the pizza's done siting there and they re-heat it by the slice when you order. So it was pretty good considering that - but compared to a cooked to order pizza place it was not as good. Perhaps you can order a whole pizza cooked to order.

Over the weekend I tried Monical's and it was excellent. They have locations in Avon, Carmel, Fishers and Traders Point. Get the ythin crust though - the pan isn't nearly as good

Yeah Scotty's is located on 96th about 1 mile east of keystone. They have the best ribs in the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis