Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 03:01 PM

37 posts, read 118,124 times

Advertisements

Is there a large homeschool community in the Indianapolis area? If so what resources are available for homeschooling families?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM

438 posts, read 1,359,707 times
There are several in the Indy area. The Informer lists alot of them, and there are yahoo groups etc.

Here are some of the better resources:

Indiana Homeschool Groups, Events, & Activities
Indiana Homeschool Support Groups and Resources

This one is fundie in nature, very gender role heavy but if that's your thing they are very active in their church community and that sort of thing: Indianapolis Homeschool Wildcats

Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 PM

Some other links now that google bookmarks is being co operative

Indy Homeschool Moms : Index -- Groups Indy MomsLikeMe.com

The state homeschool info sheet, with decent links to the major groups etc. Indiana Homeschool Help Sheet (http://www.doe.in.gov/sservices/homed.htm - broken link)

Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 AM

37 posts, read 118,124 times
Default Homeschooling

Thank you so very much for your prompt response to my posting. You've even included various websites for further research, how very nice of you. We are eyeballing the Indianapolis area as a possible relocation choice. I've read several positive comments regarding the area, however, I wasn't able to gather whether or not there was a significant homeschooling presence or not. The information is useful in the way that it can often tell the story of whether or not parents are pleased or not pleased with the school systems in the area. Once again thank you very much for your time. Have a great day

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,681 times
i am also currently trying to get homeschooling started for my little girl and was told that there was a website or program that provides children computers at no cost as long as they are students and being homeschooled? anyone know where to direct me, we are not in indy but in new castle- also interested in the co-ops in indy and muncie if anyone can help i would need the websites and numbers of the places. thank you-Dianna

Old 10-15-2009, 12:37 PM

The only way I know to do that is through the k12 virtual school k12.com Which isn't really homeschooling as they go to a selected location and meet with an advisor/instructor frequently, follow a public school type curriculum. It's pretty rigid from what the families we know who have tried it say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis