U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 PM

17,698 posts, read 35,088,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandandjules View Post
And obviously, judging from this thread, nobody has. The Sylvia Likens case has had two movies made about it (at least), numerous true crime books and scholarly papers. I suspect you might agree with me just a tiny bit that it's time to put it to rest? I feel like some of this fascination borders on fetishization, nearly always from posters coming from outside Indy. Doesn't anyone want to give the poor girl and her family peace?!
Amen to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM

128 posts, read 118,576 times
I think you're confusing fascination with horror. Sylvia's case won't be swept under the rug by those who want to pooh-pooh it away because it was instrumental in bringing such things to light. Had it not been for the publicity this torture slaying brought on Indy, child protection laws would likely not be what they are now and people would probably still turn their backs on neighborhood children who were abused instead of getting involved and getting them help.

And I'm sorry, but I don't have any more sympathy for her family than for the sick family they handed her over to.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM

11 posts, read 22,322 times
I agree going threw the things i have abtianed lately she got very little punishment for her part in the crime,and I think now she thinks she is unstoppable and who wouldnt in her position? But some how we need to open someone eyes and show what she did and is doing now. this is where im stuck . Have any Ideas?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 AM

11 posts, read 22,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Kat View Post
Just a horrific crime. I agree that these people are all sick and hope they all burn in hell. But I could also never understand how the parents of two young girls could just leave them with a total stranger like that and then seem surprised that something had happened to them.

I believe Sylvia is buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Lebanon and many of her relatives still live in the town there.
I agree going threw the things i have obtianed lately she got very little punishment for her part in the crime,and I think now she thinks she is unstoppable and who wouldn't in her position? But some how we need to open someone eyes and show what she did and is doing now. this is where i'm stuck . Have any Ideas?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 AM

4,227 posts, read 20,518,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I want to interview these people, and I do not think that the light sentences that they were given were at all appropriate! Why should they hide out living in obscurity after the horrible things that they did to that girl?

I would like to locate them and offer them the opportunity to tell "their side of the story" If anyone has any idea of the current name of Paula B or her whereabouts let me know.
Well, now that the cover has been blown on Paula, I read she took down her facebook page, disconnected her phone number, left the shack she called home, there's word she's either separated or divorced from Mr. Pace.....so I am sure now that everyone knows her name (shame shame) she's probably living under a bridge somewhere trying to fade into obscurity, like her mother. Only sadly you need to resurface soon for food and other amenities.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 93 times
well all I can said Sylvia linkers is in heaven with Jesus and the angels , they give her the love and comfort ,kindness ,that she didn’t receive on earth , Jesus full her soul with love . and the people who had tortured her to death ,are burning in hell , soon after Stéphane died she will joined her family and friends who committed to murder in hell.

Old Today, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 93 times
Happy birthday Sylvia

Old Today, 09:18 PM

7,392 posts, read 2,719,803 times

sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis