Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 AM

20 posts, read 220,812 times

Advertisements

I'm 22 and from the east coast and I'm looking to spend one full day in Indy. Are there any places I should see, do, or eat at that will make the most of my trip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 AM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times
Without knowing what your interests are, it's nearly impossible to know what to recommend. For example, I personally would recommend the Medal of Honor pavalion on the canal, plus the War Memorial Plaza. However, most people have no interest in this

Old 02-28-2007, 11:52 AM

I enjoy outdoor activities, music...not so much museum things. Any nice sites to see?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times
A walk on the canal for outdoor activities. Sadly though at this time of year not much is going on due to winter.

For music there is a great bar in downtown Indy that you might like. It is Indy's oldest bar and currently it's a blues bar. It's name is the Slippery Noodle.

Eating? Downtown you have your choice of nice places. From steak houses to an Indian resturant. It really depends on your mood at the time. I know that I've started out heading to one place to end up at another

Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times
how about a drive out to the Colts Traning Center in Eagle Creek. I was out by there this afternoon. If you like wildlife, you'll also see deer to the west of the training center.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:07 PM

28 posts, read 169,562 times
Default Hip Places in Indianapolis

I am saddened that so many people that live here no so little about our great town! Anyway! Try some of these places:

Check out:
The Heart of Downtown Indianapolis
. Monument Circle
. Circle Center Mall
. State Capitol Complex (at west end of Market Street)
. Conseco Fieldhouse
. City Market ( East end of Market Street under renovation but still cool)
South Meridian Street
. Club Blu
. Ice Lounge
. Subterra Lounge
. Slippery Noodle (Jazz/Blues)
. Club Six
. More hip bars and clubs but too many to list
. Crackers Comedy Club
. Sushi on the Rocks
. Mikado (Japanese)
White River Gardens
. Canal
. Museums
Broad Ripple Village
. Plenty of Hip Bars/Clubs
. Art Galleries
. Hip Restaurants
. Broadripple Brew (one of my favorites)
. Club 7 (Indiana Pacer's Jermain O'neal's club)
Massachusetts Avenue
. Art Galleries
. Hip Restaurants/Bars
. Historic Neighborhoods
. The Rathskeller (A must see on a friday/sat night plenty of fun and beer
. http://www.rathskeller.com/)
. R Bistro
. Scholar's Inn (1/2 price Martini's on Thursdays)
Fountain Square
. Duckpin Bowling
. Sweet art galleries
. Rooftop dining (overlooking Downtown)
Indiana Avenue
. Madame Walker Theater
. Bourbon Street Distillary
Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA)

Who says there's nothing to do in this town!!!!!!!

If you like steak you must eat at St. Elmos best steaks in the US! If you like veggi or other try R Bistro on Mass Ave. Really great scene and local food.

On the first Friday of every month all of the art gallerys have open night with free food, drinks and live entertainment. It's a great social event!

All of this with the exception of the (IMA) and BroadRipple Village is in downtown and within walking distance (for most healthy people) or a short Taxi ride. Just come downtown and stay! It's all right here!

Here are some links to more detailed info on Indianapolis:

http://www.indydt.com/

http://www.indy.org/

If you want more info just let me know and I will give you more!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Thanks Liger! This is an excellent list!!

Old 03-20-2007, 04:47 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
You should work for the visitors bureau, Liger. I'm very serious about that.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:17 AM

28 posts, read 169,562 times
LOL! Maybe I am a little too excited here. Actually, I am an urban planner (private sector). I have been practicing here for more than five years so I am very familiar with Indianapolis and Central Indiana. It's my job to stay aware of these things and to know the community. I would have fun working for the CVB! Thanks for the thought!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:18 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liger View Post
LOL! Maybe I am a little too excited here. Actually, I am an urban planner (private sector). I have been practicing here for more than five years so I am very familiar with Indianapolis and Central Indiana. It's my job to stay aware of these things and to know the community. I would have fun working for the CVB! Thanks for the thought!

I'd give you a reference! I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a moderator you know .. ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis