U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 430 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at the area too. We love historic houses and walking to downtown areas. With that being said, how is the housing area close to downtown? How is noise and crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 08:13 AM

22,270 posts, read 16,436,425 times
I wouldn't think there is much crime. There is a lot of ranch homes between 37 back toward downtown, and the closer you get to downtown, generally the housing is a bit more upscale, some older Victorians and such.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 36 times
Hello, we are currently living in Nashville, TN. We are mixed marriage couple and would like to move to Indiana, what are cities that will accept mixed marriage couples and are very friendly and safe to raise a family?

Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM

28 posts, read 4,762 times
im ex navy and lived in several cities from east to west coast and in Europe. Now I live downtown Indy in 360 Market Sq high rise downtown but I frequent the Hamilton shopping center and I have friends that live in both fishers and Noblesville. I been in Indy since 2005 and I have watched this area grow and compete with anything in the country. fishers or Noblesville will give a family everything they need to be happy and to enjoy life with. I keep seeing these areas make news as some of the best places to live in the country. the secret is out now and its just a matter of time before all of central Indiana start to see even more people move here from all over and that's when youll see traffic issues but its a sign that people love places like fishers and Noblesville. you cant go wrong with either. good schools,low crime if any,nice infrastructure and plenty of festivals and events that's family orientated. so in short you cant go wrong with either location

Old Today, 09:33 AM

2,791 posts, read 1,942,867 times
I think an average middle class family can live a more prosperous and budget friendly life in Indianapolis and Central Indiana than just about anywhere else in the country. Once the rest of the country realizes Indianapolis Metro and Central Indiana is one of the best deals in the nation for what you get and what it costs, people will start moving there in droves. And it will soon start to become more expensive and overly crowded, higher property taxes, until it becomes just like the places that people are fleeing from.

I bet if Indiana ever did do away with their state income tax, like Tennesse and Texas and a few other states have, the population growth would explode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis