U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,009,045 times
Default High Rise Apartments?

Are there any high rise (or mid rise) apartment buildings in and around Downtown Indianapolis that people would recommend besides Riley Towers? I'm looking only for rental Apartments, not condominiums for purchase.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 05:09 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,868,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Are there any high rise (or mid rise) apartment buildings in and around Downtown Indianapolis that people would recommend besides Riley Towers? I'm looking only for rental Apartments, not condominiums for purchase.

Thanks.

to be honest with you not really unless you are wanting to fork out more than $1k per month at some of the places close to IUPUI or on Mass. Ave.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,009,045 times
Do you know what the names of those places are? They're worth a look! Thanks!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 PM

18,269 posts, read 2,868,546 times
I would try this website.

Downtown Indianapolis*Indiana Apartment Rental | Apartments for Rent in Downtown Indianapolis*IN (http://www.apartments.com/Indiana/Indianapolis&Vicinity/IndianapolisMetroArea/DowntownIndianapolis - broken link)

hope you find what your looking for!!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:36 AM

830 posts, read 1,391,008 times
The old Block building - I think is called Block Apartments.

Here is a link

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...y-Commons.html

I actually looked at those - very nice - they are loft style apartments. I think there are 16 or 17 floors

Old 07-31-2009, 02:50 AM

2 posts, read 9,697 times
The Block, The H. Lauter Lofts, The Continental Towers, The Marott, CityView on Meridian, Buckingham Downtown, some of the Van Rooy properties. Coming Soon : The Maxwell Flats.

The Continental is likely the best bet, however they don't have balconies so I don't like them as much as the Riley Towers. The H. Lauter Lofts are traditional factory converted brick and mortar lofts. CityView is really close to poor neighborhoods. The Marott is in an interesting location, and is nice, but its out of downtown and will have you heading towards Carmel wondering why you did not get an apartment out there. I don't know much about Buckingham. The Maxwell Flats is a midrise condo style apartment building in development that is kind of difficult to find info about. However, Indianapolis is not really great for highrise living, as most don't have great amenities and their old and outdated.

I will suggest a few places to checkout that you might not have considered. Canal Square Apartments are in downtown on the canal, a very unique part of Indianapolis. They are downtown, but have a very suburban feel. Walking the Canal is incredibly refreshing. They also offer some great skyline views.

Downtown is not an easily accessible town, as there are virtually NO groceries, hard to find gas stations, shopping is sporadic, and if you are not into sports you will be upset in no time. So I suggest looking into some Carmel or Keystone apartments, where there are tons of grocers, gas stations on every corner, close proximity to malls, close to the best burger you will ever have (Bub's) and less than a half hour from downtown even during traffic. Carmel - Old Town on The Monon; Main Street on The Monon; North Haven of Carmel. Keystone - River Crossing at Keystone; River Ridge at Keystone. Good Luck with your search!

Last edited by jonny228; 07-31-2009 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: Did not show up correct, and had a sentence out of place.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:21 AM

6,739 posts, read 7,568,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny228 View Post
Downtown is not an easily accessible town, as there are virtually NO groceries, hard to find gas stations, shopping is sporadic, and if you are not into sports you will be upset in no time. So I suggest looking into some Carmel or Keystone apartments, where there are tons of grocers, gas stations on every corner, close proximity to malls, close to the best burger you will ever have (Bub's) and less than a half hour from downtown even during traffic. Carmel - Old Town on The Monon; Main Street on The Monon; North Haven of Carmel. Keystone - River Crossing at Keystone; River Ridge at Keystone. Good Luck with your search!
Not to pick on you, but........

There is a Marsh (Kroger and Buds and right outside of downtown as well), hardware store, drycleaners, Staples, and a couple of gas stations downtown. I have found the only people who think that stuff doesn't exist down here are clueless suburbanites. Now, I suppose if having a gas station on every corner is something that appeals to you, then so be it. I really only go the gas station once a week, therefore, having one on every corner is not needed.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 AM

2,735 posts, read 5,603,513 times
We are happy the Marsh is significantly improved and the hardware store has had all that we needed.

We certainly dont need more CVS and Walgreens across from one another although we are suffering with the two of them across Meridian at 16th.

I have access to all the malls from downtown. Only thing I cant do is walk to them. It is quiet here and we can walk to all the downtown activities like the parades and festivals.

I am happy to not live in a car mandated suburban environment.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,995 times
I am so disappointed that with all the rehabs and new building going on that there isn't more apts./lofts available for income restricted persons. I am not your run-of-mill low income person. I'm currently on Medical disability an not permitted to work but do receive $1,o52.oo per. month and still can't find anything updated or that isn't in a run down area. I'm a ex-visual display designer and guess I'm just being too picky but not every one can pay $9oo.oo+ per. month and still eat and enjoy the Downtown area. Come On Indy surely you can do better!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM

21 posts, read 15,605 times
The problem is that many of the downtown buildings are at full capacity and there are waiting lists to move in. This means property owners can charge more because of demand. They are building a new apartment building downtown, I think its on Market called The Artistry, another new building The Hinge just opened and its already full. If I were you Id check on Craigslist maybe someone is looking to get out of their lease and needs a sub-leaser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis