U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 AM

5 posts, read 16,903 times

Advertisements

what is the best elementry ,middle and high school in the northeast of indianapolis ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 AM

18,264 posts, read 6,848,557 times
Northeast Indianapolis depending on your definition of "Northeast Indianapolis" would probably be Lawrence Township. I would have to say Lawrence North High School and Amy Beverly Elementary School. Unfortunately I cant name a Lawrence township middle school right now.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM

40 posts, read 146,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrouk.marzouk View Post
what is the best elementry ,middle and high school in the northeast of indianapolis ?

Doesn't Inianapolis still have the magnet program? If so, Arsenal Tech is the high school of choice. TC Steele #98 was a good middle school. John Marshall ain't bad. My sister went to Forest Manor. She said that was a nice school.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:56 PM

163 posts, read 562,153 times
Search for Schools

Use this for a resource.

Indy is laid out with 8 township school districts and IPS

the townships From E to W and N to S

Lawrence, Washington, Pike, Warren, IPS, Wayne, Franklin, Perry, Decatur

IPS overlaps into the surrounding townships so just because you are in Lawrence township doesn't mean you go to Lawrence schools.

I left Indy for Fishers for one reason, schools. I left Lawrence which is commonly looked upon as one of the better in Indy.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:53 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,169,330 times
If you are an out of towner or new to the city, please consider this. The city of Indianapolis/Marion County is one political unit under Unigov, with 9 townships. 8 townships have their own school district. The old 'pre-Unigov' city of Indianapolis (Center TWP) has its own, called IPS. Avoid IPS. And the cities of Beech Grove and Speedway have their own as well. All together, there are a dozen school districts in Marion County. Lawrence TWP is on the far NE Corner of Marion County/Indianapolis, so I'm assuming you are refering to that. If so, Lawrence North HS is the public high school. There is a private school in the area called Heritage Christian, but I cant remember if it serves high school age students. The good news is that Indianapolis has a whole slew of private schools. Most are Catholic/Parochial schools and the others are Protestant (Heritage).

Old 05-27-2009, 06:57 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,169,330 times
I also forgot. The city of Lawrence (in Lawrence TWP) also has Lawrence Central HS, that serves students in the southern half of Lawrence. The northern half of Lawrence and the rest of the TWP use Lawrence North.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

1,097 posts, read 3,463,963 times
Heritage does have high school students, or it used to. Lawrence North is the best high school in that area that's within Marion County.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,357,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
I also forgot. The city of Lawrence (in Lawrence TWP) also has Lawrence Central HS, that serves students in the southern half of Lawrence. The northern half of Lawrence and the rest of the TWP use Lawrence North.
Not necessarily true. MSDLT attempts to bring some racial/socioeconomic balance to the high schools. There are pockets in northern half of the township that attend LC. Kids on the east side of Geist, for example, go to Central. Check out the boundary map: https://www.ltschools.org/boundaries.php (broken link)

Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM

40 posts, read 146,113 times
I attended Arsenal Tech High School from 84 to 88. That was the best IPS school then. I majored in Aviation Mechanics there.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM

889 posts, read 2,095,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post

That is not true. They buss the students around to equalize the racial makeup of each school. So living in the northern part of Lawrence township doesn't not mean you'll go to North HS - same with middle schools and even to a lesser degree grade schools.

edit - oops, I see I was beaten to the punch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or