Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM

34 posts, read 108,653 times

Advertisements

Trying to plan a date night for my DH and myself. (if we are planning it, you can imagine we don't get out much) Of course, food should be involved...any suggestions....open to food type, nothing too over the top (price wise), but good food and atmosphere. Any suggestions other than shopping, movie, coffee shop? I've considered the White River State Park, but haven't been there other than the zoo area. We aren't really into clubs but are open to most other things.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,478,769 times
Any food preferences -- Italian, Greek, etc.?

Fountain Square has some nice options -- rooftop dining from the Fountain Square Bistro, then head over to Deano's Vino for wine and dessert.

Italian -- Iaria's is my personal fave, although Mama Corolla's in Broad Ripple has a nice, homey atmosphere. I don't like that Mama's doesn't accept reservations. I've heard good things about Agio's on Mass Ave. as well.

GreeK -- not a fan myself, although I understand both Santorini's and Greek Islands are good.

On a good weather evening, a stroll down the canal is nice. Depending on the evening, there could be a show at the Lawn at White River. How about theater? The Phoenix Theater in Chatham Arch is popular.

Just some thoughts......

Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 PM

4,096 posts, read 11,422,704 times
We just ate at Zest and what a fabulous place. Priced well, creative, tasty!!!, good atmosphere. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

They were in this week's NUVO as restaurant of the week review. We spent 2 hours for breakfast and have to go back. My friend took her daughter for lunch. All of us loved it. On 54th between College and Keystone just off Winthrop.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 AM

63 posts, read 294,132 times
What about Symphony on the Prairie? You can even bring your own food and drinks in or you can order a picnic ahead of time. Tickets are $20 in advance which you can purchase through ISO's website: Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra (http://www.indianapolissymphony.org/performances/symphony_on_the_prairie - broken link)

I'm not much for eating out but I did eat at Weber's Grill last year and it was very good. I don't know what you would consider pricey but my meal was about $20 BUT I had got 2 meals out of it. You'll definitely want reservations.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM

For something off the wall (but still within reason), if you like ethnic food, try Saigon Restaurant at 3101 Lafayette. Have the House Special which is Vietnamese make your own burritos. It is fun. Rice paper instead of tortillas, grilled meats, and all the fixings. Not too spicy and slows down dinner.

They also have bubble tea which is fun.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM

46 posts, read 187,113 times
I know you said you're not into clubs, but why not a comedy club--no dancing, mingling, or alcohol required.

You can check with theatre departments at various universities (Univ. of Indpls, Butler Univ.), which often put on productions and they aren't too expensive. Butler also brings in big name entertainers for shows and concerts, but don't expect that to be cheap.

The Little Nashville Opry is entertaining if you like country music, and it's not expensive compared to going to Deer Creek/Verizon.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 PM

4 posts, read 16,849 times
A cool place to check out is Midland antiques, on Michigan St. Like a museum, anything and everything. Five floors, some things are pricey. Depends on what it is . Super cool and free.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:39 AM

First Friday of the month art gallery walk downtown. Lots of people and art watching and free.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 PM

667 posts, read 2,880,156 times
I think the real question everyone missed is: By club do you mean dance club or sex club

Old 06-20-2009, 06:02 PM

667 posts, read 2,880,156 times
ok, serious answer here.

how long do you have? Is the babysitter a concern?

One thing that my wife and I found was this: Hodges Canoe Trips on the Tippecanoe River in Indiana

we are planning on going on the canoe trip that leaves at 5pm. The trip is 4-6 hours long. Pack yourself a nice dinner and while out on the river stop on one of the islands and eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis