Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
REM REM started this thread

368 posts, read 995,185 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard about the new policy at showplace 12 at on East Washington Street? If you are under the age of 18 you can not enter with out a parent past 6pm. I know some of you are ok with this because you view people under 18 as basically second class citizens but this is just another reason as to why I will not be raising my kids in this city.
This was the businesses own choice but should they be allowed to do so?
If this where a case of only black people causing trouble and the company just chose to ban black people do you think this rule would be allowed so easily? This is just another reason why Indianapolis is a horrible city for teens. I can say I will no longer be a customer at showplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:46 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Question: Have you been to the Showplace on East Washington Street before they put the rule in place?

If not:

1) You don't understand why the rule is in place

2) Your opinion on the subject in uninformed and based on nothing.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Hum, too bad I have.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:01 PM

Ok, so do you want to discuss the hoards of teenagers that loitered in the lobby and scared people off, or do you prefer to sweep that under the rug?

Also, since you seem to think this sort of thing only happens in Indianapolis; you should realize that this is not an Indianapolis phenomenon. Theaters in other cities in other states have done the same thing.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Ok, so do you want to discuss the hoards of teenagers that loitered in the lobby and scared people off, or do you prefer to sweep that under the rug?
I don't think that is a proper justification to ban good paying people (like me) who have done nothing because the actions of a few. If they ban those people that is up to them, but I have been supporting showplace 12 since it first opened here and they have no reason to ban me. Why don't we just start banning black people too? Since black teens where the main contributors to scaring off the people and making noise in the theater, or do you want to sweep that under the rug?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Also, since you seem to think this sort of thing only happens in Indianapolis; you should realize that this is not an Indianapolis phenomenon. Theaters in other cities in other states have done the same thing.
The rules set on the young people of this city are largely unorthodox and unjustified such as curfew and new driving laws, but that's another story.Next thing you know they will be coming into our houses forcing us to sleep at 10 o'clock because "it's good for us".

Old 06-12-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
I don't think that is a proper justification to ban good paying people (like me) who have done nothing because the actions of a few. If they ban those people that is up to them, but I have been supporting showplace 12 since it first opened here and they have no reason to ban me.
It is the teenagers that were causing the problems, and it was more than a few. That is good reason to ban them.

Quote:
Since black teens where the main contributors to scaring off the people and making noise in the theater
I have seen more than just black teenagers loitering and causing problems at that theater.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
The rules set on the young people of this city are largely unorthodox and unjustified such as curfew and new driving laws, but that's another story.
Teenage curfews are actually somewhat common outside of Indiana.

Driving laws are not set by the city of Indianapolis, and they are tougher on teens in a lot of other states.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It is the teenagers that were causing the problems, and it was more than a few. That is good reason to ban them.

I have seen more than just black teenagers loitering and causing problems at that theater.
I could give a flying sod how many teenagers there where the fact is people who have done nothing do not deserved to get banned.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:07 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Yea ... REM, you need to put this in perspective. While you may be cool, many others under 18 are not. As a parent of youngsters, I applaud this rule. They're not being banned per se, they need parental permission ... there's a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis