U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM

355 posts, read 480,249 times

Advertisements

? what does it mean when someone does this, is it good or bad or can it be both? The comments I've seen would make me think good but I also saw quick rep?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 03:50 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,360,348 times
Giving someone reputation points is good, it lets them know you found their comment helpful or useful. It helps others know who they can trust and who has been here a lot being helpful.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:00 PM

3,360 posts, read 3,398,278 times
Default how to leave a comment in reputation slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Morris View Post
Giving someone reputation points is good, it lets them know you found their comment helpful or useful. It helps others know who they can trust and who has been here a lot being helpful.
I have no idea if your still on here...if you are...question...

How do you leave a comment in the rep section...

I'v hit the 'positive' tab' on a few posts...but how can I leave a positve comment as well?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM

21,125 posts, read 18,929,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I have no idea if your still on here...if you are...question...

How do you leave a comment in the rep section...

I'v hit the 'positive' tab' on a few posts...but how can I leave a positve comment as well?
Instead of clicking " + Rate this post positively" under the post, click the picture of the scales to the upper right of the post (next to the red triangle).

Old 01-30-2010, 08:01 PM

I'm glad that Julia answered that, because I had no idea! Now I know! Thanks Julia!!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM

938 posts, read 2,275,052 times
How about I steal this thread with another question: How to you use quotes like JustJulia above?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM

Instead of just typing into this box like I am right now, you click the "Quote" button on the bottom of the post you want to quote. You can also use "multi-quote" but I'm not sure what that does. Try it out!!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:13 AM

938 posts, read 2,275,052 times
Quote:
Instead of just typing into this box like I am right now, you click the "Quote" button on the bottom of the post you want to quote. You can also use "multi-quote" but I'm not sure what that does. Try it out!!
Thank you.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 7,844,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Instead of clicking " + Rate this post positively" under the post, click the picture of the scales to the upper right of the post (next to the red triangle).
Quote:
I'm glad that Julia answered that, because I had no idea! Now I know! Thanks Julia!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
How about I steal this thread with another question: How to you use quotes like JustJulia above?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Thank you.
This is what multi quote does ^^^^^^

Hit the multi post button on the the posts you want, and then hit post reply.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 AM

Huh, you learn new things every day! Thanks for the pro tips!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis