U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:11 PM

369 posts, read 538,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Morris View Post
I heard that salt water pools are really cool. They are supposed to be easier and less expensive to maintain, easier on your skin, has less chemical smell, some people like it more because it's more "natural" HOWEVER... the salt water passes through a process of electrolysis which basically converts it into chlorine anyway, so it ends up being pretty much the same thing.
I only said Yuck because of the taste. Does a commercial salt water pool taste like the Gulf of Mexico or an ocean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 664 times
sex offenders are people and need places to live too.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:56 PM

798 posts, read 1,969,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reformed2015 View Post
sex offenders are people and need places to live too.
I take it you're a reformed sex offender.....

Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 190 times
Yes I am married too an ex sex offender before I get harassed by people they need to know 2 of these so called victims lied about there ages stating they was 18 and they was 13 and 14 and even looked older than there age and this goes on alot anymore they need to start cracking down on these young girls and boys who approach adults either male or female some are not even to blame the ones being accused for it yes they need housing for sex offenders and ex offenders also its discrimination also for not allowing them housing this is 2019 not 1980 anymore the fair housing office needs to get into trouble also these people who are convicted of that crime has rights also. Yes I sure do have kids has he touched any of them No he sure has not and I will take a lie detectors test and pass with flying colors on that one these young kids getting on telephone chatlines also they need to start doing something about that cause my husband met one of them off of Quest Personals where was this girls parents at DCS should have been called on both occassions and his ex friend set him up on the second and my husband his lawyer proved it. We are tired of getting denied housing its ridiculous who wouldn't be tired of living with family yeah and everyone not getting along time for changes or the state needs to get sued or something.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,284 posts, read 3,437,115 times
Zombie thread, off topic.... ever heard of a thing call "punctuation"?

:roll eyes:

RM

Old 02-13-2019, 11:27 AM

1,757 posts, read 695,335 times
Downtown is incredible overpriced. The home you could buy in the suburbs is incredible compared to what you would pay in rent.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:20 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,191,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Zombie thread, off topic.... ever heard of a thing call "punctuation"?

:roll eyes:

RM
I "were" thinking the same thing.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:23 PM

3,680 posts, read 9,407,279 times
Regarding overpriced, a big issue is the value you place on the time lost commuting and the need for transportation. I am meeting more people who do with one small car or in a few cases, no car at all. Now that the downtown is vibrant, we have many more services. I can get dentist, family practice doctor, 3 grocery stores, bakery and when the RedLine is done, a quick shot to BR and all the stores along College with no need for a vehicle.

We tried the suburbs and after 3 years of commute, when we had the chance 20 years ago to move downtown, we jumped and never looked back.

Yes, the prices have jumped to what I consider mostly unaffordable now. But do the analysis since there is more than the initial rent to consider.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:30 PM

1,757 posts, read 695,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Regarding overpriced, a big issue is the value you place on the time lost commuting and the need for transportation. I am meeting more people who do with one small car or in a few cases, no car at all. Now that the downtown is vibrant, we have many more services. I can get dentist, family practice doctor, 3 grocery stores, bakery and when the RedLine is done, a quick shot to BR and all the stores along College with no need for a vehicle.

We tried the suburbs and after 3 years of commute, when we had the chance 20 years ago to move downtown, we jumped and never looked back.

Yes, the prices have jumped to what I consider mostly unaffordable now. But do the analysis since there is more than the initial rent to consider.
This is Indy, not Chicago. The commutes from suburbs isnít that bad and there is ample parking downtown.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:54 PM

916 posts, read 449,820 times
I used to work in downtown Denver and didn't find it all that convenient. To get around downtown, I'd have to wait for a bus, or walk a long way, or fight traffic that was like midtown Manhattan. Living in a fairly dense suburb, I can get in my nice, comfortable car, go to the doctor, dentist, vet, hairdresser, grocer, shop or job of my choice, put my stuff in the trunk instead of carrying it, and head home to a house and garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis