Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 AM

144 posts, read 342,427 times

Advertisements

My suggestion would be to go a non-traditional route here. There are many continuing education programs offered through the various schools in Indianapolis. In these programs you tend to find people who have already graduated college and are not interested in pursuing a higher degree, but are interested in further educating themselves about particular subjects. Find a course about classical music, sci-fi, creative writing, etc. you might strike out a few times and not find anyone worth dating, but you will find the courses interesting and enjoy learning about things you like and there is a shot you will find a young black woman who has some of the same interests as you. Also look for clubs about the subjects you enjoy, there is a club for almost anything; again you may strike out, but you also have a chance to meet friends who like the same thing you do.

I can vouch for both of these methods because I met my wife in a continuing education course about Greek Mythology and we eventually kindled our relationship after we both learned of a group that liked to meet at the library and discuss mythology. I had tried to find woman to date at all the traditional places, but didn't find any meaningful relationships (side note: who goes to a night club to find a wife anyways?) and had this suggested by a long time friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM

127 posts, read 142,987 times
Well, I'm a white woman from Indy who is NOT looking to meet nice black women, but it seems I meet them everywhere anyway. It's fine to say hello to someone at the grocery store or Starbucks or wherever. I hardly ever walk into a store or a restaurant without having a conversation with someone.

If you're looking for someone exactly like you, you're going to spend the rest of your life on that search. Forget about what kind of music you think she likes. Relationships are about introducing each other to different things. You don't both have to like all of the same things and agree on every single issue. Give a little, take a little.

If you're looking for women, go to a bar. If you're looking for a nice woman, look elsewhere.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
The hood. Move to the east side.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataEast View Post
Black male here, just date outside your race. Mixed race babies are scientifically proven to be superior in not only aesthetics but physically too along with a plethora of immunities to many illnesses. I understand if you like brown women, (I do too) but you can still find a nice Latina, Indian, Middle Eastern woman.
This has got to be the most ignorant post I have read on this site for a long time. What scares me most is I think you're absolutely serious in your belief on this.

It reminds me of the time someone told me that the reason black people run faster is because they have an extra muscle in their leg.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
I somehow stumbled upon this post. Im an not from indianapolis but can give you some advice. Im a 30 something black man. Im an IT peofessional who is married with kids. My wife is a beautiful black woman. I never dated outside my race so i understand your situation. I can tell you this.

· The older you get the less likely your chances to find a black woman without kids.

· Your religious non belief will prove difficult. Most black folk equate atheism with satanic worship. Black women are more religious than other racial groups.

· Have you ever dealt or dated any black women? If so, you should have some experience by now.

·Join a black organization and attend black functions.

· Relationships are a big compromise. You will not find a woman that fits your exact criteria.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 PM

644 posts, read 1,019,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
I'm a early 30's, single black man looking to date, but I live on the Northside. There are not many black people over here when I go grocery shopping or whatever.

I also don't have any friends (black, white, or any race) that I hang out with or anything. The "friends" I have are the people I work with. But I don't want to ask them anything.

I also don't do many of the traditional activities blacks do. I'm the only black person I know that likes classical music, likes science & sci-fi, read science & financial/investment material, that's an agnostic-atheist (only two people know it though, blacks are very religious and my mother would have a heart attack if she knew), that likes cool-cold weather.

The only common thing I think of is sports and video games...but you find many women of any race too involved in that.

The problem is i'm attracted to black women. Don't get me wrong, there are attractive women of every race...but I just prefer black women. I just don't know where to meet them here.
Um... anywhere in Indy. There are close to 140,000 black ladies in and around the city.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM

8 posts, read 13,977 times
Default My advice would be the gym

My wife works at the YMCA, we are members there but used to be members at LA Fitness as well. Those places are always full of young single women of all backgrounds.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:01 AM

91 posts, read 136,722 times
Default Man this Guy Spoke The Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boslamr View Post
I was up at this club on Friday night in Broadripple. It was pretty dead comparing it to a real city club. But got a decent enough crowd of ladies around 12:30a. You can also check Cloud 9. I been in Indy a few years and rarely go out. But there were a lot of fit young sistas this past friday. At least enough to work.

Observations: Single black women dancing by themselves. Ratio of about 8:1. And most the men that showed up had dates. Including me, unfortunately (It always seems to happen that way). There were quiet a few nice 7s and 8s. No dimes (Halle Berry), but nice overall. If they have any class or not, is something you will just have to find out. Have fun weeding them out.

I don't do church either. But here in Indiana, it seems they are even more religious than a lot of black women I meet in the south. And a black man here has to be a bit more aggressive. They all seem to want to be pursued and wooed. Coming from a city like Atlanta, where women are more aggressive and outgoing, coming from a situation of disparity. The disparity seems even greater here to me, but they don't seem to care. If they got even the slightest thing going for themselves, they swear they are dimes. Minor obstacle. And they are definitely waiting for you to come to them. They offer nothing, but want everything. Another minor obstacle for your Mack Powers.

I've dated a few white and latina women. Had some really good times, great interaction.. but I have not been able to date any black women and get the same kind of reaction or chemistry here in Indy. Very stand-offish, hard to read women. And I've met a few professionals, w/o kids too. I would love to find a nice black woman and have the same laid back, fun type of feel and chill that I get with dating the white and latina women. Got to break through too many walls and insecurities to reach them.

Tips:
Good looking and qualified black women just will not be on a dating site.

You will have to be out and about to meet them and be much more aggressive. Don't pass on any opportunity.

Avoid meeting them at work. Better that they don't really know/understand what you do while you are getting to know them.

Try Northwest Indianapolis, grocery stores, dept stores, weekends and near paydays (15th, 30th).

If you make eye contact and maintain it for 1 sec. You better approach her in 3 sec or forget it and keep moving.

Get a wingman who knows the city and women in this town better than you. Hard to do in this city when you are a black man in your 30s, I know. I have the same problem. But this would greatly improve your chances of getting quality dates with black women. any women.

Be the Mayor!!

Man this Guy Spoke the Truth! I remember reading this post years ago and feeling vindicated on what I was experiencing with Black Women in Indianapolis! So many years later and I can pick my spots and win here. Online dating is the only ill advice he gave. You can cone up on the net! Everything else is on point in his description on Indy Women even now over 7 years Later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis