Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:09 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Yeah we all know the web is 100% correct all the time.

I mean it's not like I wasn't just in downtown fort wayne saturday. Most parking for downtown fort wayne are specific places, people just park there and go wherever. Who wants to be stuck in metered parking? Oh and also, that was from last year times change very fast in fort wayne. One of the big arguments of the harrison square project was for the parking garage because there wasn't enough parking. It would also depend on the time of day, days of the week, and a plethora of other things for them to come to that conclusion. It was all over the local news a few weeks ago. So I guess you know a lot more about Fort Wayne being in Chicago eh?
Lol, sorry. I didn't know they got rid of so much parking space in seven months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 03:36 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,478,655 times
Parking and its availability is in the eye of the parker also. In Indianapolis, we have people complaining endlessly about lack of parking but I have never not found a place in any of the garages that are tied to the Circle Center Mall. It is usually even possible to find a street spot if you can parallel park and do not have to be right at the door. What is wrong with a two block walk anyway?

I think what we have are a lot of people who want a spot exactly when they want and right at the door, like at a mall with a parking lot all around it. In some cities, parkers cannot even find lots behind stores but keep trying to find that perfect spot in front of the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis