Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,090 times

Advertisements

I'll be relocating from N. California to Central Indianapolis next year for a job & would like some recommendation for places to live. I'm looking at areas along the I-69 corridor between Fort Wayne & Indy. I'm a minorit, educated professional with a liberal bent & hope to find a place to live where I'll feel comfortable. I have no illusions about Indiana but am hoping for the best anyway. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 05:20 PM

4,096 posts, read 11,433,024 times
personally i would look closer to Indy to be more progressive. There are lots of subdivisons, townhouses, rentals along the corridor close to Indy.

plus you are close to a lot of activities and can access downtown.

If you have no kids, downtown Indy or Broad Ripple are great.

I would identify your interests and then make sure the housing was close.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,615,140 times
Come look in my neighborhood! We are just off Exit 10 on I-69.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Your neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Come look in my neighborhood! We are just off Exit 10 on I-69.
Where is your neighborhood, Domergurl?

Old 05-12-2007, 08:17 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,384,270 times
I will admit there are a lot of things to do in Indy, but Fort Wayne is growing quick. They are doing everything they can to bring in more business in to the area and surrounding areas. Fort Wayne is making Northeastern Indiana a very nice place, I think that without a place like Fort Wayne, Northeast Indiana would be a hole.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I will admit there are a lot of things to do in Indy, but Fort Wayne is growing quick. They are doing everything they can to bring in more business in to the area and surrounding areas. Fort Wayne is making Northeastern Indiana a very nice place, I think that without a place like Fort Wayne, Northeast Indiana would be a hole.
Can you suggest a nice neighborhood in Fort Wayne?

I drove into downtown Fort Wayne from the south last week & didn't quite like what I saw.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LescYH View Post
Can you suggest a nice neighborhood in Fort Wayne?

I drove into downtown Fort Wayne from the south last week & didn't quite like what I saw.
Downtown Fort Wayne needs a lot of help, they just approved a new downtown renovation to put in a baseball diamond and a plethora of new multiuse buildings, and a parking garage, because there are limited places to park. And if you find one it's probably metered.

But places to live, most people I talk to are looking towards the Southwest area of Fort Wayne. Around Aboite, it's a new annexation, the houses are pretty pricey and it's upscale.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:41 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,615,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LescYH View Post
Where is your neighborhood, Domergurl?

My neighborhood for the next month, is Royalwood. Other neighborhoods by mine are Geist Overlook, Gray Eagle, Tanglewood, Avalon & Saxony. All are within the same distace to I-69 as my house.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:11 PM

554 posts, read 2,495,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Downtown Fort Wayne needs a lot of help, they just approved a new downtown renovation to put in a baseball diamond and a plethora of new multiuse buildings, and a parking garage, because there are limited places to park. And if you find one it's probably metered.

But places to live, most people I talk to are looking towards the Southwest area of Fort Wayne. Around Aboite, it's a new annexation, the houses are pretty pricey and it's upscale.
Limited places to park? Sorry, but I'll have to disagree with that. I was on a website, and it was saying how Fort Wayne has TOO MANY parking spaces.

Here's the website:
http://www.geturban.com/documents/DTFWIdeas10-27-06.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
Limited places to park? Sorry, but I'll have to disagree with that. I was on a website, and it was saying how Fort Wayne has TOO MANY parking spaces.

Here's the website:
http://www.geturban.com/documents/DTFWIdeas10-27-06.pdf (broken link)
Yeah we all know the web is 100% correct all the time.

I mean it's not like I wasn't just in downtown fort wayne saturday. Most parking for downtown fort wayne are specific places, people just park there and go wherever. Who wants to be stuck in metered parking? Oh and also, that was from last year times change very fast in fort wayne. One of the big arguments of the harrison square project was for the parking garage because there wasn't enough parking. It would also depend on the time of day, days of the week, and a plethora of other things for them to come to that conclusion. It was all over the local news a few weeks ago. So I guess you know a lot more about Fort Wayne being in Chicago eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis