U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 AM
 
23 posts, read 39,598 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Hello,

we are a couple moving from Texas to Indy next summer. I do not have very much idea about the city and I can not find all the information I need.
We have a son that is going to graduate from High School and I am looking for information about Community Colleges in Indy.
I would appreciate if someone can tell me how many there are in Indy and some names to start looking for some information.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
 
2,153 posts, read 9,789,312 times
Reputation: 723
Ivy Tech Community College is what you are looking for. It has several campuses in Indy including one downtown, another on the northwest side and one in Lawrence off 59th Street in the Ft Ben district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,210 posts, read 13,415,804 times
Reputation: 5719
Ivy Tech Community College
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM
 
23 posts, read 39,598 times
Reputation: 16
Thank You for your help. We are now living in Dallas, and Dallas county has several colleges, and also collin county has its own. I guess that IvyTech is the most important one in Indy, or there are more in other areas at different counties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,210 posts, read 13,415,804 times
Reputation: 5719
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandoyanez View Post
Thank You for your help. We are now living in Dallas, and Dallas county has several colleges, and also collin county has its own. I guess that IvyTech is the most important one in Indy, or there are more in other areas at different counties?
Ivy Tech is the only one.

Ivy Tech is Indiana's statewide communicty college system, with campuses statewide. There are no other community colleges in Indiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 AM
 
2,153 posts, read 9,789,312 times
Reputation: 723
They have Ivy Tech campuses throughout the state and a very nice facility in Lafayette.

Classes Close to Home - Ivy Tech Community College (http://www.ivytech.edu/about/campuses/campuses.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 AM
 
23 posts, read 39,598 times
Reputation: 16
Thank You very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
 
914 posts, read 1,123,566 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Ivy Tech is the only one.

Ivy Tech is Indiana's statewide communicty college system, with campuses statewide. There are no other community colleges in Indiana.

Interesting I didn't know that IT was the only in the whole state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 3,475,016 times
Reputation: 645
It depends on how you define "community college." Although Ivy Tech is the only one that calls itself a community college, IUPUI offers a number of two-year associates degrees, and both IU and Purdue have local branches around the state that offer two-year degrees. So if you're in Indy and you're looking for a two year program you may be able to find something at IUPUI that would suit your purposes. Here's a link to IUPUI's degree programs: Degree Programs : IUPUI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2010, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,210 posts, read 13,415,804 times
Reputation: 5719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
It depends on how you define "community college." Although Ivy Tech is the only one that calls itself a community college, IUPUI offers a number of two-year associates degrees, and both IU and Purdue have local branches around the state that offer two-year degrees. So if you're in Indy and you're looking for a two year program you may be able to find something at IUPUI that would suit your purposes. Here's a link to IUPUI's degree programs: Degree Programs : IUPUI
IUPUI is not a community college. You can get a two year degree there, but not at community college tuition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top