U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:50 AM

889 posts, read 2,112,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoborn23 View Post
Thanks for the heads up about Nora. I think it is between Main Street on the Monon, River Ridge at Keystone and North Haven of Carmel. Any other thoughts on these complexes would be appreciated. I am going to set up times to go visit soon.

Visit in person for sure.

I visited both River Ridge and North Haven. Both are acceptable - nothing wrong with either, I could have seen myself live in either. Just would come down to floor plans, availability, pricing that sort of thing. I personally liked the feel of River Ridge better - although the all white kitches weren;t my favorite. I have never been inside an apt at Main Street on the Monon, so I can't help you there. I think those are popular because of the location.

I do know that River Ridge somehwat recently within the past 12 to 18 months just built a few new buildings, so if having an almost brand new apt is important that is something to consider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 PM

44 posts, read 88,904 times
I sort of shurgged off Main Street only because it seemed like a zoo the day I visited. That being said the prices are pretty decent. The unit they showed me was literately the leasing office because they didn't have any empty units of the floor plan I wanted. This left a bad taste in my mouth but admittedly, that is hardly their fault.

River Ridge and North Haven are pretty similar in terms of quality, in my opinion. River Ridge wouldn't let me have a pet in the floor plan I wanted. I found a floor plan that worked better for me at North Haven and it was probably about $150 less.

Don't think I'm trying to sell you at all, because I went through major headaches picking a place when I moved here. I agonized over the decision. But, if you do decide to go with North Haven, let me know so I can get the referral!

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM

9 posts, read 18,846 times
After driving by complexes, I think I have narrowed it down to either River Ridge at Keystone or Providence at Old Meridian. Old Town on the Monon is very attractive but I would like an outdoor space to enjoy. I have gotten lots of information on River Ridge, but does anyone have any feedback on Providence? Washer/dryers included, closet space, safety, resident-type ect. I love the location and I like that there is retail space within walking distance. Thank you for any feeback

Old 03-10-2010, 12:00 PM

889 posts, read 2,112,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoborn23 View Post
After driving by complexes, I think I have narrowed it down to either River Ridge at Keystone or Providence at Old Meridian. Old Town on the Monon is very attractive but I would like an outdoor space to enjoy. I have gotten lots of information on River Ridge, but does anyone have any feedback on Providence? Washer/dryers included, closet space, safety, resident-type ect. I love the location and I like that there is retail space within walking distance. Thank you for any feeback

That is where I live and have for 3 years. Yes I have tons of info I can share.

They are very safe - I have not heard of any crime at all. I have not seen or heard of 1 car being broken into. Perhaps there has been, but not to my knowledge. I think it is very safe. I am often outside walking a well after dark and feel safe or I come home at 1 or 2 in the monring and I feel safe and I can be a whimp.

Every unit no matter the size has a washer and dryer in the unit. Closet space is going to vary depending on the unit you are looking at. can I ask which floor plan you are looking into. I am in one of the lofts.

I have found almost all of the residents to be fine - not that I really know them, but as neighbors go they in general they have been great. I have not had a single problem. Although I'm sure there is someone in the complex who can be a pain in the butt.

Meijer across the street is nice, and the retail stuff below the lofts is really good.

I love the location. I am 5 -10 minutes away from 6 or 7 grocery stores, everything is close. Traffic is pretty good, sure at 7:45 on uesday morning it can be sort of bad, but what do you expect.

I love living here, I really do. I would highly recommend it.

I'm going to send you a PM

They just completed a brand new larger Loft building. It is no smoking and no pets - but being able to move into something brand new is nice especially in apts.

the grounds look sort of trashy right now coming off of winter, but in 4 or 5 weeks it will look really nice, they do a good job with landscaping.

Last edited by BU191433; 03-10-2010 at 12:22 PM..

Old 03-29-2010, 10:53 AM

32 posts, read 75,865 times
I lived in the Lofts in Old Town Carmel when they were brand new and managed by Amli. We absolutely loved it! Being right upstairs from restaurants/bar was fantastic, since we did not have children at the time and we're in our early 20's.
Did not miss not having a window in the bedroom (or a door for that matter). It was so nice to sleep in the dark and fantastic for either hangovers (the husband) or migraines (me). The kitchen was a great layout/size and loved the big soaking tub in the bathroom. The 10 foot ceilings made the place seem HUGE. The large living/dining area lends itself to lots of different configurations. The details like the ceramic tile floors, brick wall accents, etc... Loved it!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,400 times
Hi all - I have the same dilemma!

For me it is between Providence, Main Street on the Monon, and Legacy Apartments. How close is Providence to the Monon trail? Unfortunately I live in CA currently so cannot tour any of these places. Additional input would be appreciated! Im just looking for something close to downtown/Monon trail that is in the 700-800 range.

Also, whats up with the steep pet fees and the per month pet charge? Sheesh!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 677 times
I live in Providence, and it is very easy to bike to the Monon. Walking to the Monon may be too much for some. I bike a couple of times a week to / on the Monon. It's about 1.25 miles if you go straight down City Center, and 2 miles or so if you want to take a nice bike loop. Providence is directly on one of the major bike loops in Carmel, specifically the "City Center" loop. If you're into biking, a very cool map for biking can be found here: Carmel Access Bikeway - Google Maps.

Since you can't visit in person, I'll give you my two cents -- I think Main Street on the Monon is a pretty boring and old complex. However, the location has great walkability. Providence is newer and I like my apartment here. I haven't had any problems with the neighbors, and the staff has been good so far. Some of the areas around Old Meridian are still being developed, so the retail that is easily walkable is pretty much limited to what's inside the complex (under the newer lofts), Meijer, and some store frontage on Carmel drive. I can't comment on Legacy, although they look nice from the website. The community looks very good and seems to be an upcoming master planned development. Getting to the Monon from there may be more of a chore than either of the other places mentioned. It looks like it is about 10 miles east of the Monon.

Also, the rent is reasonable at Providence, although they seemed to have increased it considerably since about 3 months ago. If the rent is that flexible, maybe you could negotiate for a lower rent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcinabon View Post
Hi all - I have the same dilemma!

For me it is between Providence, Main Street on the Monon, and Legacy Apartments. How close is Providence to the Monon trail? Unfortunately I live in CA currently so cannot tour any of these places. Additional input would be appreciated! Im just looking for something close to downtown/Monon trail that is in the 700-800 range.

Also, whats up with the steep pet fees and the per month pet charge? Sheesh!

Last edited by Zzyxz; 08-17-2010 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: Link change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis