U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:22 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,703,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataEast View Post
Interpol said it best, also I'm not bitter because I can easily get what I want from the few decent women in this place.
spoken like a true misogynist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,401,227 times
Quote:
.... I can easily get what I want from the few decent women in this place.
Hopefully you don't get anything a doctor can't fix.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:10 AM

17,698 posts, read 34,703,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Hopefully you don't get anything a doctor can't fix.
the women too

Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
REM

368 posts, read 858,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.dawsn View Post
Like any other population center, Indianapolis has people of all ages, shapes, sizes, and colors. The metro area is 2 million; if we assume the gender ratio is 1:1, that would mean there are 1 million females in greater Indy. If 75% of them are adults, we're talking about 750,000 women. There is no way to generalize that many people.

If you take care of yourself, treat your lady and others around you with respect, listen when she talks to you, and remember the little things, I doubt you will have any trouble at all with women in Indianapolis or anywhere else, for that matter.
I'm sorry but this is only half true. While it is a fact that their are different types of women in this city the fact remains that there are differences between people in all regions of this country and world. The fact is women in this city seem to be less worried about fashion and glamor looks than say in NYC or LA.(Note: this does not mean that there are NO women in this city like that but it's not a cultural norm like it is in other places) Let me put it like this it's easier in this city to find a simple down to earth no thrills girl than a high class, take me eveywhere by me eveything type of girl. Vice versa in Hollywood.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM

245 posts, read 586,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
I'm sorry but this is only half true. While it is a fact that their are different types of women in this city the fact remains that there are differences between people in all regions of this country and world. The fact is women in this city seem to be less worried about fashion and glamor looks than say in NYC or LA.(Note: this does not mean that there are NO women in this city like that but it's not a cultural norm like it is in other places) Let me put it like this it's easier in this city to find a simple down to earth no thrills girl than a high class, take me eveywhere by me eveything type of girl. Vice versa in Hollywood.
Disagreed.

You think being fashionable isn't a cultural norm in Indianapolis? First of all, no city anywhere has a single "cultural norm." There are different norms for rich and for poor, for young and for old, for parents and people without kids, for different racial and ethnic groups, etc. Secondly, "fashionable" is subjective. If "fashionable" means buying clothes off the models as they leave the runways, then you're right...that's only an option for the richest 1% of the population in four of five cities in the world.

For the rest of us, if what you're saying was true, establishments that cater to people with tastes for expensive things wouldn't be able to survive around here. The Indy area has plenty of high-end shopping, high-end car dealerships, high-end restaurants, high-end entertainment, etc.

It also depends where in the metro area you go. In wealthy areas (Geist, Butler-Tarkington, Meridian-Kessler, Carmel, etc.), there are lots of women with a taste for fashion and glamor. Why? Because they can afford it. In areas with a large population of young people (downtown, Fountain Square, Broad Ripple, etc.), there are lots of women with a taste for fashion and glamor. Why? Because those things are a priority for them. On the other hand, middle-class, suburban, residential areas are less likely to have a bunch of glamor girls running around. Why? Because a lot of times, people in those areas are just trying to do the best they can for their kids and don't have a lot of extra money left over for the latest fashions. I'm pretty sure there are people like that in every city, though.

Like Colts observed, Indy has fewer "glamor girls" because we have fewer people than places like NYC and LA. Plus, thanks to TV and movies, a lot of people outside those cities have a completely erroneous idea of NYC or LA, that everyone there is rich and glamorous, when in reality they have their share of every type of person, just like Indianapolis.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM

8,211 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
That is ridiculous. You could swap Indy with 99.9% of places in the USA and the last statement would still be true. Further, with all due respect, you don't sound like someone that has spent any amount of time clubbing in Broad Ripple in the past decade.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 PM

100 posts, read 192,967 times
No I'm not a misogynist, I treat women with respect. But I'm just saying that its easy for me to obtain what I want from the ones I think are good. And to the person who made the "hopefully you don't get something a doctor can't fix" comment, if you read my sentence you quoted you'd know that I GET WHAT I WANT, why would I want an STD? And do you really think a man of my stature wouldn't protect himself? lol you guys are very bitter and bored old women.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,412,456 times
What a funny thread. But I'm in a silly mood, so I'll play.

The question:

Quote:
Indianapolis women:what are they like?
Compared to what???

I will say they are not as sugary-sweet as my girlfriends in the South. Much more straight-forward. If they don't like you, you'll know pretty much right away.

Not as athletic/outdoorsy, in general, as the women I used to hang with in the West. Although, of course, there are exceptions.

Definitely more religious and family-centered, in general, than than in other places where I have lived.

More "real" (think "girl-next-door" type) and less plastic-y/materialistic than my friends on either coast.

Of course there are exceptions, and the above are generalizations.

Most of my single 20 and 30 something friends in Indy are geeky science (chemistry) girls. Imagine that.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
And do you really think a man of my stature wouldn't protect himself? lol you guys are very bitter and bored old women.
Ooooo.....a man of your "stature." Excuse me.

BTW, I'm not a bitter and bored old woman. Relative to you, I'm probably an old dude -- one who long ago learned to look for what's inside the packaging.

In your quest to "get what you want" you could get a lot more than for which you bargained. And my previous post was a joke, so lighten up, Francis.

Last edited by grmasterb; 02-22-2010 at 06:28 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Most of my single 20 and 30 something friends in Indy are geeky science (chemistry) girls. Imagine that.
Hey, nerdy chicks rule!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis