U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 AM

25 posts, read 70,914 times

Advertisements

If we move to the area, we'll be looking for a good, solid Bible-based church. While we're socially conscious & eco-minded, we prefer a more conservative church (not extremely conservative or super traditional, just a place where the Bible is preached) that has a focus on small groups, contemporary worship, an active youth group, and, if possible, is a place where we would not have to dress up for the service. That might sound sort of crazy but we are currently living in a very casual area and we don't really have many dressy clothes! Most churches we've attended in our area have a lot of people that wear nice jeans to the service. We also tend to feel more comfortable in a medium sized church rather than a very large "mega-church". We aren't really familiar with any churches in the Indianapolis area so feel free to suggest any that you think might be a good fit. It doesn't matter what area it is in (including suburbs) . We usually attend a non-denominational church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 PM

7 posts, read 38,854 times
I have gone her numerous times. It's not a huge church, and it is conservative. You don't have to wear a tie or dress either!

Stones Crossing Church - HOME

Old 03-03-2010, 05:55 AM

886 posts, read 2,082,307 times
Can you give us an idea of what part of town?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 AM

25 posts, read 70,914 times
Right now we are open to any side of town (including any of the close in suburbs). We just wanted to get a general feel for the churches in the area. If it looks like there are very few places that sound like a good fit and have casual dress, then we'll need to start investing in some dressier clothes! Because of the area where we currently live, we haven't had to dress up much in recent years.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 PM

5 posts, read 12,365 times
My husband and I are also in pursuit of the same thing. We have attended a church called Common Ground Christian Church (www.cground.org) and have found the sermons to be very sound and rooted in scripture. They have house church groups that meet during the week and they study the word and serve the surrounding community. We have also visited College Park Church.(www.yourchurch.com) We like it a lot. Very good teaching/preaching. Many opportunities to get involved. Kind of big, but very welcoming. We're still praying and trying to decide what fits us best. Blessings to you and your family!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 PM

886 posts, read 2,082,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anpep View Post
My husband and I are also in pursuit of the same thing. We have attended a church called Common Ground Christian Church (www.cground.org) and have found the sermons to be very sound and rooted in scripture. They have house church groups that meet during the week and they study the word and serve the surrounding community. We have also visited College Park Church.(College Park Church) We like it a lot. Very good teaching/preaching. Many opportunities to get involved. Kind of big, but very welcoming. We're still praying and trying to decide what fits us best. Blessings to you and your family!
I go there, excellent church

Certainly not a mega church. very casual dress

Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 AM

Location: Indianapolis, IN with offices throughout Central IN servicing the whole US>
40 posts, read 100,143 times
I agree - Common Ground is a great church and definitely casual with great bible base teaching.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:16 AM

11 posts, read 30,206 times
My family attends Valley Mills Christian Church on the S/W side of indy.
Valley Mills Christian Church
Casual, non-denominational church with a mission to turn lives toward Jesus. Very community focused. They have a great youth program as well as adult bible study groups.

Hope to see you there one day.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:05 AM

5 posts, read 21,498 times
I attend New Light Christian Church at 2902 Cold Spring Road. They have several youth based programs, sound Christian principles and active in the community.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 AM

17 posts, read 48,294 times
East 91st Street Christian Church is a larger church but it has a lot of resources and wonderful programs. There are both traditional and contemporary services. Traditional is at 10:15 Sunday mornings and contemporary is at 11:30. The traditional service sings hymns and has a brass band and choir. The contemporary service has a band called the Aaron Pelsue Band that plays drums, electric and string guitars. They are awesome! This church is in Lawrence Township on 91st street east of Allisonville Road, which is close to Castleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis