Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 03:28 AM

369 posts, read 681,272 times

Advertisements

The entire thing becomes more and more sick every damn day. There should have been criminal confinement charges against the two in the bus incident. After reading what the parents had to say, it appears they were OK with this information coming out, knowing the media wouldn't report their sons name. This entire thing is a complete joke. It even appears the Hendricks County prosecutor is nothing more than a puppet and the powers that be in Hamilton County are controlling the strings. The Hendricks Co. prosecutor should have submitted a probable cause affidavit and charges those in the bus incident with felony criminal confinement given what the parents and press have stated about that attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 05:47 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
I believe you are right. Why did Leerkamp ship the case over to the Hendricks County Prosecutor? I guess just to have someone appear with her during a press conference. This is the most convoluted thing I have seen in a long time.

Hendricks County is involved because the incidents on the bus took place while the bus was in Hendricks County. The team was returning from a game in Terre Haute.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
The Hendricks Co. prosecutor should have submitted a probable cause affidavit and charges those in the bus incident with felony criminal confinement given what the parents and press have stated about that attack.
I am not clear about this just reading news reports. Are there any charges actually on file in Hendricks County? If not, I don't see why the Hendricks County prosecutor was even involved.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Southside--yes, I believe there are. One of the articles or news reports I read or saw indicated that some of the charges were from Hendricks County. I believe it was an indystar article that outlined it. I can't seem to find it now as it's been changed since the original article.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Southside--yes, I believe there are. One of the articles or news reports I read or saw indicated that some of the charges were from Hendricks County. I believe it was an indystar article that outlined it. I can't seem to find it now as it's been changed since the original article.
If that is correct, then Ravekid is right..there should have been a detailed Probable Cause affidavit on file too. If that doesn't exist, then someone went way out of their way to keep the facts out of public purview.

Guess the public will never know what happened on that Night Rider bus.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 05-20-2010 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: add

Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 AM

990 posts, read 1,725,522 times
I just don't understand how these thugs and their parents can even show their faces.Now that I think about it I haven't seen any of the parents faces yet. Coincidence?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
The victims should sue the pants off of Carmel Schools/coaches etc... I am not sure about Indiana law, but maybe a huge civil suit against the defendants too....

Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM

X-Greensboro Resident: "The victims should sue the pants off of Carmel Schools/coaches etc... I am not sure about Indiana law, but maybe a huge civil suit against the defendants too...."

'Sue the pants off"??? Is that a pun in this case?

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 05-20-2010 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: add

Old 05-20-2010, 12:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
X-Greensboro Resident: "The victims should sue the pants off of Carmel Schools/coaches etc... I am not sure about Indiana law, but maybe a huge civil suit against the defendants too...."

'Sue the pants off"??? Is that a pun in this case?
Now that you mention it, it does sound that way!! I did not mean it that way though, this is too horrible of a situation to make light of.....

Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
IndyStar.com | Indianapolis news, community, business, sports, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Central Indiana.

Well, now the parents of one of the alleged victims are talking, and they ain't happy. Can't say I blame them. This story is going to stink for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis