Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,111,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Guess the public will never know what happened on that Night Rider bus.
This is a horrible thing to allegedly have happened I don't think any of us would want our children's names made public.

Here's the thing I don't understand they had a grand jury to protect the victims, witnesses and perps. Then one of the victim's parents & lawyer come on TV saying their son was sexually violated in the anus on the bus with coaches on board also. They had the parent's faces blocked out but you could see their hands were black. So if there is only 1 black child as a victim didn't they just out him?

2nd thing is in the beginning the perps names were with held (at least outside of Carmel school district) because they were "children". Then the media shows their faces & mug shots as they were being bonded out saying they could because they are "adults" 18 or over . Supposedly they only filed misdeamenor charges so their child records would be sealed. As to not have them start out life with an adult record. So which is it? Are they children or adults?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 05:43 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,011,207 times
Well... Here it is boys and girls... However, I would have added a couple of zeros to this amount. Family seeks $2.25M in claim against Carmel schools | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Old 05-22-2010, 12:18 AM

780 posts, read 1,536,643 times
Well, it was simply a matter of time before the lawsuit came out. I smell an out-of-court settlement in the works.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:31 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,448,913 times
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Money, money, money, moneey.........MONEEEEEEEY!!
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Old 05-22-2010, 06:39 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Here's the thing I don't understand they had a grand jury to protect the victims, witnesses and perps. Then one of the victim's parents & lawyer come on TV saying their son was sexually violated in the anus on the bus with coaches on board also. They had the parent's faces blocked out but you could see their hands were black. So if there is only 1 black child as a victim didn't they just out him?
If you read some of the articles in the Indy Star, the grand jury route was used to protect the alleged perpetrators. Thus the uproar.

The names of under-age victims are usually withheld regardless. The family of the victim is speaking out, IMO, because they are beginning to sense a gross miscarriage of justice.

As a parent? I'd probably speak out too. Despite the difficulty (as I understand it, they have already left the state, which should help). Anything to keep this from happening to another student.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,111,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
If you read some of the articles in the Indy Star, the grand jury route was used to protect the alleged perpetrators. Thus the uproar.

The names of under-age victims are usually withheld regardless. The family of the victim is speaking out, IMO, because they are beginning to sense a gross miscarriage of justice.

As a parent? I'd probably speak out too. Despite the difficulty (as I understand it, they have already left the state, which should help). Anything to keep this from happening to another student.
Thank you plaidmom oh I see I'm just getting what I hear on the radio or news on TV. I knew underage victim's names are to be kept out of public records & media. But this case has been doing things backwards.

I can see where his parents would think gross miscarriage of justice is occuring. Sad they are the ones that had to uproot their family because of bullies.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Whereas I don't consider it reasonable to be calling people "thugs" without actually knowing what happened, or proclaiming that due process has "failed" because it hasn't produced one's preferred outcome even while the investigation is still ongoing. So as I alluded, it appears you and I have different ideas of what constitutes reason. As such, it appears we don't have much left to discuss.
So, is there any other insight you would like to offer now that the thugs have been charged? I still say the process has failed. These thugs should have felony charges behind their names.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 AM

990 posts, read 1,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
This is a horrible thing to allegedly have happened I don't think any of us would want our children's names made public.

2nd thing is in the beginning the perps names were with held (at least outside of Carmel school district) because they were "children". Then the media shows their faces & mug shots as they were being bonded out saying they could because they are "adults" 18 or over . Supposedly they only filed misdeamenor charges so their child records would be sealed. As to not have them start out life with an adult record. So which is it? Are they children or adults?
The perps names were witheld for a long time but it was easy to figure out who they were from the first basketball game that they were suspended from-there were only five seniors on the the team and only one that wasn't involved-all you had to do was look at a roster to figure it out. I looked them up on facebook,they look some real pieces of work.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 PM

The first time I read the names is when someone on Indystar.com commented on one of the articles and put their names out there. It was not long before the comment section was taken down.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM

990 posts, read 1,720,362 times
I noticed that too but I didn't want to post their names since I had never seen their names published anywhere else-but it was easy to figure out who they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis