Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times

Advertisements

The whole camera/video tape thing is BS ... betcha that video was erased as soon as those kids got off the bus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM

990 posts, read 1,726,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The whole camera/video tape thing is BS ... betcha that video was erased as soon as those kids got off the bus!
That sounds about right. Perfect timing. Ah yes.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:24 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesjag View Post
The coaches were at the front of the bus. They must have heard a lot. There was a video camera on the bus but it was removed and lost. The school board says they are going to implement new procedures. It seems that the procedures were in place - adults on the bus, camera - seems like they need new adults in place.
The so-called adults are to be held responsible for not keeping kids safe from these thugs. I hope they all are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, there seems to be enough cover-up with this that this may not happen.

Have any of these thugs been arrested yet? To heck with kicking them off the team, arrest them and let the prosecutor figure it out. I wonder how much influence the mayor is having on this outcome?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
And you just know that there were incidents leading up to this one ... I'm sorry, but those accused did not just come up with this scheme when they got on that bus. People move to Carmel for that school system. This means that those in charge have an even bigger responsibility for the safety of those who are in the system.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
And you just know that there were incidents leading up to this one ... I'm sorry, but those accused did not just come up with this scheme when they got on that bus. People move to Carmel for that school system. This means that those in charge have an even bigger responsibility for the safety of those who are in the system.
Agreed...and if my child was the victim, I would be in the face of the authorities and possibly the press until these thugs are arrested.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 AM

990 posts, read 1,726,014 times
It seems like the school is more worried about their elite athletes than the victims.Those accused should have their names put out there for all to see, maybe that would stop this from happening again.It's easy to figure out the names there were only 5 seniors on the team and only one was not kicked off.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmr1ml View Post
It seems like the school is more worried about their elite athletes than the victims.Those accused should have their names put out there for all to see, maybe that would stop this from happening again.It's easy to figure out the names there were only 5 seniors on the team and only one was not kicked off.

I am sure since these thugs may have to register as sex offenders is affecting the process.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:37 AM

369 posts, read 681,645 times
Quote:
The thing is, it is a digital recording. Unless they wiped over the data around 35 times (Gutmann method is the _only_ way to erase!!), it is likely still there. My understanding is that there has been two comments made about the recording:
#1: The the last video image was from earlier than the incident, with an indication the system was not running, working properly, whatever.
#2: That the system likely recorded the incident, but that the system uses the same storage medium and just writes over the old stuff.

I am hoping #2 happened, because we are only talking about one or two passes. There still could be enough data for a data recovery program to get the old video data. I think this might be why the investigation could take weeks. If those things record a lot of data, data recovery will take a very, very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
Agreed...and if my child was the victim, I would be in the face of the authorities and possibly the press until these thugs are arrested.
There are some interesting dynamics at play here:
#1: If this stuff has been happening over the course of years, some of the victims might be glad it ended, but not want to press charges. There could be plenty of evidence the seniors had this happen to them. Hell, even four or five freshman players could have done this to a senior or two. One of the moms of one of the seniors is reported to have said there is more to this story than is being told. We could be dealing with multiple victims, multiple suspects, and multiple victims who are also suspects.

#2: It is my understanding the Hamilton Co. prosecutor is not running for re-election. She has nothing to lose by not prosecuting. However, if the statue of limitations is a couple of years, you can expect those who are running will be asked if they will press charges or not. Also, as for what happened on the bus, this occurred outside of Hamilton County. This actually would be an issue for the prosecutor in the county the crime occurred.

#3: One of the fathers is said to be trying to work out a deal. Say you are a parent of a victim. The supposed rich parents of the offenders show up at your door with an offer: $100K civil settlement and a request that the victim tell the prosecutor they don't want to press charges. Your victim son is OK with it. Everyone already knows the names of those involved in the area, even if you don't get an apology, would you as a parent deny your kid what is basically going to be a debt free ride to college, and even the possibility of maybe $20K in cash after graduation?

Quote:
Those accused should have their names put out there for all to see, maybe that would stop this from happening again.It's easy to figure out the names there were only 5 seniors on the team and only one was not kicked off.
The names are out there. They have been out there, just not "officially" reported. Some of the media sites have deleted the names and photos that were commonly found in various article comment sections. Even if they weren't listed for those outside the community to see, everyone in the community knows who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
I am sure since these thugs may have to register as sex offenders is affecting the process.
This is why more and more aquanaut/ex-significant other/spouse rapes and sex offenses are being fought. The same thing will definitely be at play here. Having to register as a sex offender is basically like getting sentenced to life in prison. From what I am reading, given the "force" aspect here, this would be a life-time registration.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:55 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
#3: One of the fathers is said to be trying to work out a deal. Say you are a parent of a victim. The supposed rich parents of the offenders show up at your door with an offer: $100K civil settlement and a request that the victim tell the prosecutor they don't want to press charges. Your victim son is OK with it. Everyone already knows the names of those involved in the area, even if you don't get an apology, would you as a parent deny your kid what is basically going to be a debt free ride to college, and even the possibility of maybe $20K in cash after graduation?
Interesting question.

And would your feelings be any different if your daughter had been raped?

Why or why not?

Old 03-13-2010, 07:26 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,926 times
Quote:
Well there names were taken off the team roster during the sectional games, so the media could have figured it out and released them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis