Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM

990 posts, read 1,726,119 times

Advertisements

I don't know but it sounds like they got off easy-which is what I figured would happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
First off, I don't think there is anything "sexual" about these assaults. It sounds like typical bullying given the ethics and morals of today's high school generation.
If having anal injuries serious enough to warrant hospital treatment is considered "typical bullying" in your neighborhood, I'm glad I didn't attend your high school.

Quote:
Maybe the victims are scared of publicity, and they don't want BadJocks.com or The Smoking Gun to publish a PC affidavit with their names listed for the whole world to see.
Ya think? In the world where I live most teenage boys would die of embarassment if the public knew they were sodomized.

"Misdemeanor Rape". Only in Indiana.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 PM

990 posts, read 1,726,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
If having anal injuries serious enough to warrant hospital treatment is considered "typical bullying" in your neighborhood, I'm glad I didn't attend your high school. :shocke

Ya think? In the world where I live most teenage boys would die of embarassment if the public knew they were sodomized.

"Misdemeanor Rape". Only in Indiana.

You might want to change that to "Misdemeanor Rape" only in CARMEL!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,528 times
The only thing I can say is the girls better watch out!

I find it interesting that no comments are being allowed on the Indystar article.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post

I find it interesting that no comments are being allowed on the Indystar article.
Early this morning (about 5-6 AM), the comment section of the initial article was open and people were commenting... But it started picking up traffic and got pretty outragious... so they closed it. Same with the TV station sites.

I smell a civil suit against the accused and maybe even the whole school system.... But if I am not mistaken, the accused have retained a very good lawyer. I can't remember his name but have heard he's one of the best defense lawyers nationally...

Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post

Speaking of girls, if the assaulted boys were girls, the seniors would have been locked up months ago.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:01 PM

46 posts, read 187,708 times
I just don't see how coaches or the bus driver weren't charged with anything unless the kids conducted the assaults while the adults were not on the bus, which seems hard to believe.

I can understand not divulging the victim's names or necessarily making all of the details of the assualt public, especially if it was sexual in nature. They don't release the names of rape victims, so why should they do that here, especially if the victims were minors.

It was reported on the news tonight that the perpetrators turned themselves in and were laughing and joking around about the situation while they were at the police station. Those boys need the Scared Straight, Lorenzo MacIntosh treatment from SNL--"This here is fo real!"

Old 05-18-2010, 03:51 AM

369 posts, read 681,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
But if I am not mistaken, the accused have retained a very good lawyer. I can't remember his name but have heard he's one of the best defense lawyers nationally...
Good. I hope the parents like paying the tens of thousands, if not a hundred grand, for their kids defense. Once the kids see how easy it is to do whatever they want, and mommy and daddy can just write a check and take care of it, my guess is that eventually mommy and daddy will get sick of writing $10K retainer checks to bailout their kid.

What is even more laughable is that they should have just waited to see the travesty that has unfolded. No felony charges! I would have claimed I had no job, no money (being just out of high school, not a lie) and demanded a public defender. Two misdemeanors, no prior criminal history, in Marion County, these cases could be eligible for a diversion program. At a minimum, there will be no time served outside of what they served sitting in the HC jail waiting for their bond to post. But, at least having to pay thousands of dollars to a defense attorney is some sort of punishment. And it will only mean these kids likely will get into further trouble down the road, thinking mommy and daddy will be there to write a check and make everything OK.

Oh, and of course now if anyone searches their name on the internet, this case is there for all to read. It was rumored that one of the students was going to play basketball for some major university, wonder if that is still the case?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:51 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
^^^ Yeah, I had heard one was going to Duke on a full scholarship and two of the others were going to Depaw and IU, not sure about the 4th one. Does anyone know anything about this? I wouldn't be surprised if the colleges withdraw the offers... Boo hooo.. then mommy and daddy would have to pay the college bill! Tough.. I tell ya!!! What a joke!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I wonder if a civil suit will be filed.

Bet they plead out of the criminal case before the trial even starts. They'll get some community service and it's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis