Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 AM

86 posts, read 141,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
3000 sq-ft and there is only one HVAC unit? Sorry, but it ain't gonna work. I live in S.C., 2700 sq-ft and have two units. While we normally don't have harsh winters, it make a difference even when the temperature is in the 40's.

As I said before, mention Beazer in these parts and you might as well duck. These are the kind of short-cuts Beazer (and others) take to keep their costs down.
I think this must be down to building code. The Beazer homes here in North Carolina that are 3000 sq ft have two air conditioning units. Beazer here have a good reputation - alot depends on the salesman and builder in each community.

Beazer got a bad rap, deservedly, for their financing arm actions a few years back. For the past 2 years I think they have completely exited that. Now you get a contribution towards closign costs and you get to choose whoever you wish as the mortgage company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:47 PM

5,904 posts, read 7,231,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
3000 sq-ft and there is only one HVAC unit? Sorry, but it ain't gonna work. I live in S.C., 2700 sq-ft and have two units. While we normally don't have harsh winters, it make a difference even when the temperature is in the 40's.

As I said before, mention Beazer in these parts and you might as well duck. These are the kind of short-cuts Beazer (and others) take to keep their costs down.
Sorry, but that is not quite true. I have a 3400+ sf home that is two stories with a vaulted entry - one HVAC unit handles it no problem.

It's all in how well the system is designed and sized to the structure.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis