U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 07:57 PM

6 posts, read 8,237 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I want to thank everyone who has helped us find info on Avon and the surrounding areas. I think my husband and I have decided that we just don't have enough time to find a house to rent as he starts a job April 19th so we have to move fast. This leaves us with apartment shopping. So far I have found two options that both seem very nice and safe -Steeplechase at Shiloh Crossing and Linden Square.

Does anyone recommend one over the other? We like quiet, safe neighborhoods. We have to live within 20 miles of Danville. We do have a dog but both of these apartment complexes will take her (Golden Retriever). Both seem to be similarly priced. Looking for a short-term lease which seems like an option with both.

Any suggestions? Am I missing any other options?

Thank you!

Deb
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 08:58 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,094,444 times
Hi Deb!
I lived in Linden Square apartments for about a month while searching for our home, and ended up buying in Linden Square subdivision! Things I like about Linden Square for you: there is a very large open lot next to the apartments, if your dog is well trained or has a really long leash, he will enjoy running there a little bit. The housing addition is connected to the apartments, so you can walk the dog all through the apartments and the houses, and it gives you more variety in where you can walk. There are tons of dogs in this neighborhood, including my own There are always people out walking.
I also loved the big bathtubs in the apartment, but that's just me.

Steeplechase is right by my office, but I haven't been in there. It seems (looking in from the outside) that there is less room for good dog-walking. There used to be a field behind my office where people would run their dogs a little, but there's a building there now.

Of course, either way you go, you should get a pass to the Dog Park at Washington Twp. Park. $50 for a year.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
2,147 posts, read 2,429,327 times
We lived in Steeplechase two years ago while Michelle was helping us find a home (thanks, Michelle!)

In our case we needed a 3 bedroom, which I believe was not an option at Linden Square.

Steeplechase was good, and there were children and families there due to the 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. The one negative I would say is that there was a lot of activity in the complex, so that might be an issue if you're used to a quiet area. In fairness, that may very well be the case in any apartment complex.

The management was very helpful, and it was close to all the retail and restaurants in the area, which was nice.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis