Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:12 AM

8 posts, read 18,342 times

Advertisements

OK guys. I'm not from the US and I have never been to Indy, so I thought I would ask you some general questions.

I have looked at some maps online, but could not find anything useful.

The place I am considering is near E Washington Street and Hamilton Avenue.

Any feedback is welcome.

I'm also looking at Anderson.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 01:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyKing View Post
OK guys. I'm not from the US and I have never been to Indy, so I thought I would ask you some general questions.

I have looked at some maps online, but could not find anything useful.

The place I am considering is near E Washington Street and Hamilton Avenue.

Any feedback is welcome.

I'm also looking at Anderson.

Thanks
Do you plan on living in the house, or are you slumlording? By slumlording, I mean, are you buying the house with no intent to ever live in or visit, and just rent it out to whomever? If so, you are part of Indy's problem and should be prevented from purchasing the property.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:38 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Do you plan on living in the house, or are you slumlording? By slumlording, I mean, are you buying the house with no intent to ever live in or visit, and just rent it out to whomever? If so, you are part of Indy's problem and should be prevented from purchasing the property.
Amen.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM

212 posts, read 615,383 times
This thread is cracking me up.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:

I am not sure what you meant by such a negative comment.

There are always people looking for property to rent.

The question was about the area, and not about my reasons for purchasing the property.

From you comments, I get the impression that it is a bit of a slum.

If you could tell me something more about the area and not question my intentions (which is of no concern to you), then that would be appreciated.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:13 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
If you could tell me something more about the area and not question my intentions (which is of no concern to you), then that would be appreciated.
As absentee landlords are a huge problem for Indianapolis, your intentions should be a concern to everyone who lives here.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:

As a person who lives near that area, I would like to see all of the slumlords eradicated from the near east and southeast sides of town. Slumlords are the brown spot on the underpants of Indianapolis.

As your intent does appear to be that of a slumlord, I will offer you no help and hope that others follow suit.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
As a person who lives near that area, I would like to see all of the slumlords eradicated from the near east and southeast sides of town. Slumlords are the brown spot on the underpants of Indianapolis.

As your intent does appear to be that of a slumlord, I will offer you no help and hope that others follow suit.
Why are grmasterb and toxic toast being so negative?

People need housing for rent, for many reasons.

I do appreciate your comments, however it would be nice if you could give some evidence to back your rather toxic remarks.

Both of you have assumed that I am going to be an absentee landlord without any evidence to back your inflammatory statement.

Toxic, you did ask me if I would be living there, to which I did not respond.

Whether I live here or not is of no concern to you. I am just seeking information on the area.

I suggest you both check out the interpretation of slumlords and get some evidence prior to making any derogatory remarks.

Again, any comments on the area, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM

52 posts, read 191,863 times
Your responses point to the very fact that you do indeed intend to be an absentee landlord. You can hardly blame residents of any area for their objections. If that is not your intention, and you intend to be a good and present neighbor, then put our minds at ease. Being so contentious and defensive only gives the impression that you couldn't care less for neighbors or potential renters . Indianapolis is our home and we do not wish to see rental properties owned and managed by absentee people who have no concern for the neighborhood stability and upkeep in order to line their own pockets.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:01 AM

Again, someone who refuses to answer the question and jumps to the wrong conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis