Originally Posted by memefl
Can I delete a bunch of them at a time when I OPEN the favorites tool bar?
I opened up the group of them the other day, and scroll on the bottom of the page and same thing, all they do is move and I have to right click delete EACH one!
I must not be doing something right and just not getting it!
THANKS so much for your help! My son has saved SO many sites along with me here as I'm guilty too and now I'm trying to clear up the PC hoping it helps speed it up a tad bit more!
EDITED TO ADD: I have XP Pro
OK, to delete everything from the Favorites Bar regardless of the operating system you are using would be this:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the Favorites button to enable sub features.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow to the right of "Add to Favorites" button:
4. When the list appears, click on "Organize Favorites..." option
5. When the "Organize Favorites" window appears, highlight Favorites Bar and click on Delete button at the lower right corner:
6. Close Internet Explorer and re-open it and you will see that Favorites Bar got re-created but with no links. Now you can re-populate new ones.
you didn't want to delete all of them or if you wanted to modify the links in other folders as well not just the Favorites Bar, then:
1. Right-click on START button
2. Left-click on Explore
3. Browse to
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Favorites
directory and modify the contents there directly.
Remember when you explore to that location, the folder name will appear as "Favorites Bar" in both the left and the right panes, however, up on top in the address bar, it will still show as 'Links', that is normal.
in the above directory path is obviously the name of the user currently logged on to the machine.
Hope this clarified things a bit better.