U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:07 AM

16,308 posts, read 25,262,012 times

Advertisements

Convert anything to PDF, (If you can print it, you can make it into a PDF ) with this free software. CutePDF - Create PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily. It installs as a printer, and you simply print to it, and it is saved as a PDF document.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 01:02 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,593,270 times
I use PrimoPDF and it does the same thing. Send a document to it and it acts as a printer, only it outputs a PDF file.

Google came up with some options as well. This is to convert PP format to video, etc.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,791,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It says it accepts zip files so you could save it as a zip file but it looks like you would be over the max file size.

I'm not sure......the presentation itself is at least 5 MB.......the E-mail shows...... 7 MB.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Try one of the online file sharing sites like 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

As far as pdf, no need at all for any adobe trials, there are plenty of free pdf printers out there, cute pdf comes to mind, it basically installs as a printer and outputs a pdf document.
Thanx........it's a power point presentation........I'll check the link you posted..... I checked Google Viewer and it appears it would work but to me it's very confusing. I'm not sure where to obtain the URL for the presentation. I assume I can upload the Power Point video to Google Viewer and then upload it to my CD post ......however that sounds easy enough buy as I said I'm confused as to using/creating a URL....there is none with the presentation.

It's EnglishAstronomie2.pps.......that's how the "link" appears in the E-mail before downloading. Would I use that as the last part of my URL.......I'd like to embed it into the post which seems possible after looking at the Google Viewer information?

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 04-30-2011 at 02:47 PM..

Old 04-30-2011, 03:07 PM

I found the Power Point Presentation(from it's original creator) on Upload & Share PowerPoint presentations and documents and I think I can embed it into my CD post from there......at least in theory???????

Or at worst I should be able to copy and paste the links into my posts. Hopefully I can embed the presentation since some posters will not click on links provided.

THANX everyone for your time and efforts in trying to help me with this endeavor; perhaps this thread can also help future posters trying to embed Power Point Presentations and PDF Documents.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 AM

40,182 posts, read 41,790,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I'm not sure......the presentation itself is at least 5 MB.......the E-mail shows...... 7 MB.
If it were word document with just text you *might* be able to get under limit, text files will usually compress to about 10%. I'm assuming there is a lot of images? Zipping binary data like images doesn't produce significantly smaller file.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If it were word document with just text you *might* be able to get under limit, text files will usually compress to about 10%. I'm assuming there is a lot of images? Zipping binary data like images doesn't produce significantly smaller file.
Yes the whole thing is images of planets, stars, nebulaes etc....with text and Music. I was able to copy and paste the link from the original author into my CD post........but not able to embed the video itself here.....but it did show the parameters.

I was able to find it on youtube and embedded it from that site to here.

Here's the thread>>>>>

http://www.city-data.com/forum/scien...astronomy.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or