U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,800,425 times

Advertisements

I've been on it for the past few weeks. There's not much to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,613,240 times
Facebook is unresponsive They thought I was spam so i sent them the following 3 times no response.

WHY CAN"T FACEBOOK RESPOND to messages or just FIX ITS ERRORs? Once again I am elected to represent attys as a state bar director- I send friend invites to the attys both in my district or from small firms. They at first don't know who I am (some do) so they may say they don't know me. When they find out they are at worst indifferent but usually happy. ITs been two days FIX THIS PLEASE. I also started a facebook page and have gotten many new people to join but we need a modicum of service.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 PM

32,763 posts, read 33,730,068 times
Google+ has many nice features such as the individual circles and the +1 feature. It makes shares links, photos and posts in an individualized fashion very easily. The main problem for me that most of my contacts are on Facebook and haven't switched over to Google+ but some immediate family members only use Google+ and not Facebook. So sometimes I have to share/post things to both Google+ and Facebook.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 AM

13,383 posts, read 41,216,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Google+ has many nice features such as the individual circles and the +1 feature. It makes shares links, photos and posts in an individualized fashion very easily. The main problem for me that most of my contacts are on Facebook and haven't switched over to Google+ but some immediate family members only use Google+ and not Facebook. So sometimes I have to share/post things to both Google+ and Facebook.
Yes.

I have not done much with Google + since this thread began. I want to be somewhat anonymous. I quit Facebook for awhile, went back, and now read it regularly but don't post on it the way I used to. I like keeping up with family and friends, and most of them prefer Facebook. Ad-block helps.

I also joined Diaspora. Navigating this site can be confusing but the people are helpful and nice and there is no advertising.

People are talking about App.net, too. This is a site that you pay $50 a year, upfront, to use. Supposedly it weeds out the 'riff-raff.'

Other than checking airfare sales, I've hardly ever used Twitter. Just not my style.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,648,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
You have a habit of resurrecting ancient threads that are no longer germaine, do us all a favor and look at when the OP was first posted before replying please.....

Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 AM

2 posts, read 914 times
I like it very much...especially to post photos and to chat

Old 01-09-2014, 01:41 AM

3 posts, read 2,061 times
I think it would take a while for people to get used to it, but people definitely will. I like the layout, the fact that i can post gifs, the communities, the circles and how you can see what happened to every post you made. Quite nice.

What I dont like is what google does, trying to sync everything that you have and to centralize everything... but this is another discussion.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM

16,968 posts, read 17,141,026 times
Not too bad, I kinda like it.

But the preview window for communications you get is too small.....cannot really tell what subject the reply is for without opening the actual message.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:40 AM

2,620 posts, read 3,014,760 times
It looks OK overall. I created an account one time and thought it was a bit more sleek than Facebook. Overall, I prefer not to use Google+ but may give it another try in order to use the phone/live chat. I tend to keep a low profile on most social media websites.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:40 PM

18,467 posts, read 23,954,974 times
Hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet