U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,614 posts, read 51,197,464 times

Advertisements

I noticed that the site is very identical to Facebook with the status updates. Why can't the Myspace creator just accept that it;s over? Trying to be like Facebook is not the answer since millions of people have already commited to facebook. I'm surprised Myspace is still in existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 AM

11,873 posts, read 14,016,722 times
Myspace was sold for pennies on the dollar. $35Mil I think. It was originally purchased for like half a billion.
It sounds like they are giving up on competing with Facebook and are gearing up to be a more entertainment-centric type of site.

Justin Timberlake is involved.
Justin Timberlake To Take Ownership Stake in MySpace

Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 AM

7,563 posts, read 16,576,553 times
People still use MySpace ? I dumped that like a hot cake when they kept making changes that nobody wanted and made it harder to use. Its about what I am going to do with Facebook too ...

Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,428,630 times
To make money? Seems like a pretty simple answer to a simple question.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,256,799 times
I now have a grudge against that piece of garbage site. Ever since they dumped their discussion groups many months ago... and then proceeded to turn their entire site into a total piece of garbage, imitation Facebook, labeling themselves MySpace 2.0.... I decided to turn my back on them after being a loyal Myspace user since the very beginning.

Their boneheaded move to self-destruct many years worth of message groups is about a stupid a move as if City-Data were to one day decide to purge the entire message forum and all the years worth of fabulous discussions, and in doing so render their website into a sad empty shell which essentially is without substance such that there is almost no reason to even use the site anymore, as the most important part of it was destroyed. That being aside from the generally insulting "slap in the face" it was to all the millions of loyal group posters who chose to use MySpace instead of Facebook all those years... and then deleting years worth of stuff (tens of thousands of groups... if not even hundreds of thousands....), basically sending a big F.U. to all those millions of Facebook users, directly implying that their contributions for all those years were in no way valued, and they should all just go away. Yeah, great business attitude. Make money by making people flee the site in a mass exodus. How the hell do they expect to get that advertising revue when the advertisers see that many people fled the site.

I shunned Facebook all those years just so I could stick with MySpace, and what do they do... they sabotage and self-destruct their entire site... probably disenfranchising perhaps millions of former users, many of whom left in a mass exodus last year, and they turned themselves into a wannabe Facebook-lite.... only.... a far crappier Facebook imitation than even Facebook is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or