U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 12:55 AM

573 posts, read 1,744,734 times

Advertisements

Is there a place I can upload PDF files so other people can view them without downloading?

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do in order to save the PDF after rotating it? I keep doing this but it always views the same way. I used adobe reader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:17 AM

4,584 posts, read 8,194,016 times
Adobe reader is just that, a reader. You may be locked from making any changes depending on how the PDF was created.

To make simple format changes you can download a freeware version of a PDF app. The easiest way may be just to use office Live or Google docs. Both are free and only require a hotmail or google account.

If you're looking to share with friends/colleagues, you can do so within Google Docs/Office live as they are also collaboration tools. If you're looking to share with the public, then you'll need to setup a website or use a sharing portal like box.net or dropbox.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:20 AM

2,182 posts, read 4,706,159 times
I recommend dropbox. Put it in the public folder, grab the link and let them have it.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM

2,187 posts, read 6,938,178 times
If you just want them to view them, why not just create a free Google iSite? You give permission to who you want to access them...the only downfall appears to be that you have to individually give permission to people and I am pretty sure they have to have or sign up for a gmail account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or