Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

It seems monthly on whatever computer I am on I receive notice to update my Adobe.
I pretty much do the same ol same l on PC mainly hang out here on CD.
Why does Adobe feel the right to invade my PC and do whatever to my PC.

Is anyone else getting aggravated with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 10:10 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,762 times
The Adobe updates aren't bad as they don't take long to download and install. Software updates are just a part of using a computer.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 AM

I know it quick but its annoying since I feel like I have to do it what seems li8ke every other week.

Why cant I have option of saying no all together instead remind me later or agree

Why does it need to update so frequent? Im satify with what on it now.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:01 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I know it quick but its annoying since I feel like I have to do it what seems li8ke every other week.

Why cant I have option of saying no all together instead remind me later or agree

Open Adobe.

Open Edit then preferences. In the left hand column you'll see categories. At the bottom is updater. Click on that and you'll have the choice of whether or not to have automatic updates.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:40 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

It needs to update to fix the constantly arrising security and exploit issues that are found, don't be fooled into thinking they're improving their bloatware, they're patching bugs. And YES, you do want to install the fixes, Adobe software is at the top of the list of apps being exploited, infected PDF's are a prime way to infect, which is why I have none of their garbage on my system short of a flash plugin, don't have much choice there.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM

6,590 posts, read 11,284,036 times
It has little to do with what you're doing with the application. But more to do with the fact that Adobe vulnerabilities are discovered all the time. And yes, aggravating it is.... just ask google.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:03 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,130,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Open Adobe.

Open Edit then preferences. In the left hand column you'll see categories. At the bottom is updater. Click on that and you'll have the choice of whether or not to have automatic updates.
Done! Thank you.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Open Adobe.

Thank you.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
When I still had Adobe I got those update prompts as well. But on my new computer I have not installed anything Adobe in the first place. I use Chrome which seems to have a PDF reader included, just like it plays Flash stuff without my installing any add-on

Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,012 times
Considering how often Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader are exploited to deliver malware, it's a REALLY BAD IDEA to turn off updates for them. You should either stop using and disable/remove those two pieces of software, or keep them updated.

This is how Windows get infected with malware

Google Chrome has Adobe Flash player built right into it, and is therefore subject to the same exploits as the add-on player since it's the same code. The only difference is that the Flash player updates are delivered as Chrome updates, not as separate Flash player updates.

Adobe Flash Player - Google Chrome Help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet