Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,069,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
sell 10 items, have your friends buy it and put up good feedback. Reimburse your friends and get your items back.

beware paypal though. That is one POS company in my opinion.
Why is paypal a POS company? Do others also agree with this? Curious to know because I was considering using it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Why is paypal a POS company? Do others also agree with this? Curious to know because I was considering using it. Thanks.
I've never had issues with PayPal. PayPal makes or breaks eBay. Buyers generally don't like other payment methods.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
Do a web search for "Paypal horror stories." There are plenty of them, but City-Data probably isn't the best place to discuss them, since there is a rule against posting consumer complaints here.

I've used Paypal for years, hundreds of times and never had a problem with them.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM

3,516 posts, read 7,782,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Smart people stay completely away from ebay because of all the fees and the fact that ebay has become sellers worst nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Stupid people take advice from CSD610.
Ebay has become a real sellers nightmare. Ebay treats sellers like crap, they don't listen to them, with there changes to feedback policy I feel they actively abuse them. BUT Ebay has market share. I've tried other auction sites and they just don't have the customers base to complete with Ebay. And since they don't have the customers, they don't attract more sellers, which in turn means no expanding customer base. Being first on the block is what make Ebay into the monster it is today.

The bottom line is Ebay is the Devil, but if you want to successfully sell online, you have to deal with the Devil.

Quote:
I've had four disputes with Paypal and I won them all. Two of the sellers said I didn't send them what I described, which where 640x480 monitors, If you don't know what 640x480 monitor resolution looks like, it's not my fault. Another two claimed they never received the item, even though Tracking indicted they have. It's not that I don't have my complains with paypal, but I don't think they are a POS company.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 PM

8,317 posts, read 13,447,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Stupid people take advice from CSD610.
Ooh, that was a bit harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
The bottom line is Ebay is the Devil, but if you want to successfully sell online, you have to deal with the Devil.
Agreed. I sold only a few items through eBay back in the day but wouldn't want to any more. I remain merely an occasional buyer.
They are monopolizing in certain aspects much like Mikrosoft did but it will bite them in the arse hard sooner or later.

Quote:
It's not that I don't have my complains with paypal, but I don't think they are a POS company.
I think june used POS as in "Point Of Sale" as in choice of payment method and not "Piece Of Sh.t" but of course, I could be mistaken.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Count me in the "never had PayPal issues" camp. Paypal rocks IMO.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
I moved to amazon. Yes I have had a paypal horror story. I hate paypal now

Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Several years ago, my DH had a legitimate complaint that he was trying to work out with PayPal. Instead, they deleted his account.

After he got over being outraged at that crummy customer service, we just laughed and shrugged, and whenever he needs to, we simply use my PayPal account. I've never had problems with them. But it's rare that we use it.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Id avoid ebay altogether these days. And avoid paypal at all costs. If you count yourself among the lucky ones who haven't been screwed by them, just give it time. They are horrible!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i sell stuff all the time. u dont need to get a history to sell. they buy not bek of your history they buy bek its good stuff cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet