Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,674,513 times

Advertisements

I have been locked out of my yahoo email account. I don't use it for much other than junk stuff, but I do have a few things going there that are important.

I have been desperately trying to get support. I found a number that was supposedly for support, but when I called it, the person said that something was compromised on my computer and he needed access to my computer to see what the problem is. I said no way. I think it was some shady place that advertised as yahoo, but only to gain access to your computer. The number was 800-947-3145.

I called the Sunnyvale number and could not get through to a person no matter which option that I selected. When I try to go through the online help, because someone has changed the answer to my security question, I cannot access help because my answer is incorrect.

I am extremely frustrated. I need access only one more time to get any important information and then, never use yahoo again. I set up a gmail account, but I am wondering if that is any more secure??

Can anyone help me with getting customer service at yahoo? What should I do in the future for email so that this does not happen again?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Contact Yahoo! Customer Care | Yahoo! Postmaster Help

On that page is a link on the word "here."

Clicking that link leads you to a page with a button in the lower-right corner that says "Get Help."

Clicking that button takes you to a form that enables you to submit your issue and have it routed to Yahoos who can help. You'll undoubtedly have to verify your ownership of the account somehow, but this should get you on the right track to the people who can help.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,674,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Contact Yahoo! Customer Care | Yahoo! Postmaster Help

On that page is a link on the word "here."

Clicking that link leads you to a page with a button in the lower-right corner that says "Get Help."

Clicking that button takes you to a form that enables you to submit your issue and have it routed to Yahoos who can help. You'll undoubtedly have to verify your ownership of the account somehow, but this should get you on the right track to the people who can help.
Thanks, Bo. I finally was able to get someone by being very obnoxious on their facebook page, but I am still having problems. I'll try what you said.

What email service is better? I read here that some of you do not deal with Yahoo! at all.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Thanks, Bo. I finally was able to get someone by being very obnoxious on their facebook page, but I am still having problems. I'll try what you said.

What email service is better? I read here that some of you do not deal with Yahoo! at all.
Gmail.

I used Yahoo Mail as my primary provider for a couple of years, but grew tired of their lackluster spam filtering and switched to Gmail.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
What email service is better?
Take your pick, almost all of them are better, Gmail is usually highly recommended and gets my vote.
Yahoo has been hacked a number of times in the last year or two, most recently in January.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,475 times
What exactly is the problem you're having?

If it is the case with something being compromised in your computer, and not in Yahoo email, then just try accessing your email on another computer.

If you have a problem where you forgot your password or your ID, go to the Yahoo login page and click down below where it says "I can't access my account."

Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Both GMail and Yahoo make it difficult for the average person to get help. Yahoo is far worse though, as you can see in this thread. Gmail has improved a little bit since the last time I needed help and couldn't find it, but Yahoo hasn't improved much at all. Is it any wonder that so many prefer GMail? I use both, but the Yahoo account I have is not for the important stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet