Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:39 PM

43,216 posts, read 76,929,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
god if feel so old... I told one of our college interns that I'll text him a client's flight arrival info and he responded "Okay Gramps! hit me up on that pager too!" I didn't quite understand but according to him private messaging on Twitter has replaced texting and email for those under 21. And I learned that Facebook is no longer cool with 20-somethings... it basically just serves as a public placeholder like your Linked-In which ppl only check every now & then.
Your intern is overpaid. And too young to have an interesting opinion.

Of course, people are texting. And emailing. And some even use Twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 04:04 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,843,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
god if feel so old... I told one of our college interns that I'll text him a client's flight arrival info and he responded "Okay Gramps! hit me up on that pager too!" I didn't quite understand but according to him private messaging on Twitter has replaced texting and email for those under 21. And I learned that Facebook is no longer cool with 20-somethings... it basically just serves as a public placeholder like your Linked-In which ppl only check every now & then.
...and in a year or three, this will be 'old' and so will the intern

Old 02-19-2015, 04:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,943,359 times
In 2015 personal email is used for

1. Email notifications from dating sites

2. Email notifications from message board

Old 02-20-2015, 11:00 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,098,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post

The #1 use case for email these days is shopping. You need an email to shop... even in 2015 for some reason.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,943,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The #1 use case for email these days is shopping. You need an email to shop... even in 2015 for some reason.
Yeah that's true too for sites like amazon, ebay, or whatever online purchase you may decide to make.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:31 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,800,487 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ

Not for all of us...... I dont want anything to do with any social media site!!!

I do use my email to talk to friends and all........

Old 03-25-2015, 03:57 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,084,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Are you sure you were talking to Microsoft? Windows Live Mail absolutely still works in Windows 7. And Microsoft is NOT going to charge you to get your email unless you sign up for Office 365. The old "Hotmail, Outlook and Live" addresses are still free.

If you go here:
Windows Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials

Does it say anything about "this does not support your version of Windows"???
I just wanted to say that I finally figured out my problem. My AMD driver was corrupted and it messed up everything - but I could still play my PC games! I lost IE and had problems with Firefox (both crashed; especially IE). Adobe stopped working. Two days ago I realized that I no longer had my AMD Catalyst. After I went to AMD and downloaded the latest driver I got back my e-mail and no more crashes. I never would have guessed that my outbox was dependent on video driver and my inbox was not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet