Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should I do about feedback?
Give him a positive feedback. 2 12.50%
Give him a neutral feedback. 2 12.50%
Give him a negative feedback. 3 18.75%
Don't give him any feedback. 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 02:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
An INR was not necessary in this case. The seller responded with a refund within 20 minutes of contact.

OP, just let it go. You can ask the seller for an explanation and see if he/she responds. But otherwise, move on. You have better things to do with your time.
Unfortunately the INR was necessary. If he had just communicated with me, it probably wouldn't have been necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I say Neutral only as a "warning" to others. It was really rude he didnt give any explanation.

Neutral is neither good nor bad.
Thats a good point too. But if I gave him a neutral it would break his 100% positive feedback record for 12 months. Plus I'm not sure if it would be a good warning. If I saw a seller with 5000 positive feedbacks and one neutral, I would just think it was an isolated problem or someone with a grudge against the seller.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:37 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
I'd leave him neutral feedback, with a full explanation of why.

He entered into a contract with you to sell you that item at a certain price; you held up your end of the contract by paying him the agreed-upon price, and he broke the contract by refunding your money instead of sending you the item for which you had paid. If there was a good reason for that, he had an opportunity to explain the reason, but he didn't bother.

Meantime, you may have missed other opportunities to purchase similar items from other sellers, because you had every reason to assume that he was going to honor his contract and send you the item for which you had already paid him. This was an inconvenience to you, which - again - he did not even bother explaining. We had something similar happen to us last year (on a very large-ticket item), and were advised by our attorney that we had grounds to sue for missing an opportunity to purchase a similar item (we chose not to do so, however.)

Under the circumstances, I think negative feedback would be a little harsh, but would not blame you if you chose to go that route. Under no circumstances would I give him positive feedback, and I think neutral feedback is quite appropriate in this case.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:37 AM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
You leave positive, excellent feedback if you value your own reputation on Ebay.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
He's a buyer... what reputation?
I have a 100% Positive EBay rating I try to maintain, and I have never sold anything on EBay.
When I make a Best Offer, I always say, "Look at my rating. I pay fast."
It has helped before.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:53 AM

350 posts, read 477,589 times
Negative feedback is uncalled for. You are not 'damaged' ... you got your money refunded. I'd just let it go.

He may have made an honest mistake, maybe accidentally shipped it to someone else and now can't retrieve it and once you opened up the case, he realized it (which would account for you not getting any shipping information), so he refunded your money.

Last edited by greyhorsewoman; 06-01-2014 at 06:57 AM..

Old 06-01-2014, 06:52 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I say Neutral only as a "warning" to others. It was really rude he didnt give any explanation.
Neutral is neither good nor bad.
Since June 20th of this year, a neutral now counts as a negative in the sellers defect report.

I'm inclined to think along the same lines as greyhorsewoman - that he mistakenly shipped it to someone else. It happens. Especially since you mentioned that it was a similar or associated item with the other one you bid on and missed. He, or whoever does his packing, may have thought they all were supposed to be shipped together.

And of course there is always the slight chance that the seller did send the item, but did not buy tracking. But, I agree with your thought on that, it would be really unusual in today's eBay for a seller not to provide tracking.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Unfortunately the INR was necessary. If he had just communicated with me, it probably wouldn't have been necessary.
Did you try contacting the seller prior the INR? The first thing eBay suggests when you do an INR is to contact the seller outside of INR first.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I have a 100% Positive EBay rating I try to maintain, and I have never sold anything on EBay.
When I make a Best Offer, I always say, "Look at my rating. I pay fast."
It has helped before.
Like I said previously... he's a buyer... what reputation?

Of course you have 100% positive. Buyers cannot receive negative feedback.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 AM

Thanks for all the comments. I decided to leave him a neutral feedback, with the comment that "The seller didn't ship the item, but did issued a full refund promptly."

I do believe in the eBay feedback system, and feel I have responsibility to leave the appropriate feedback. The system would be useless if everyone only left positive feedback.

Besides if I don't leave something I will forever have a message there "you have one item to leave feedback for."

Old 06-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Update: The seller sent me a message now that he did send the item, and that I should have received it. So I left a followup comment on the neutral feedback, to that effect.

I also offered him some friendly advice, that he should put tracking on all his shipments. I didn't say anything about his lack of communication. Hopefully he will figure that out himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet