U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 12:12 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,187,469 times

Advertisements

If you're nor familiar, vines is an app were you can create and post 6 second videos. there are plenty of vine compilations on youtube if you want to check them out.while there are a few that are very good most are not,but it has made celebrities out of many talentless bored teens many just depend upon their cute looks for their polularity because they have a fanatical teen girl following.so my question is what is the most talentless irritating viner you have seen.
my vote goes to jerome jarre. and if you dont believe me here is a sample of his 'work'.

AIRPLANE BANANA! - Vine by: Jerome Jarre - YouTube
seriously I wish some one would just pepper spray this guy already.
a close second is the most famous of them all nash grier I know about him because a few of my friends young daughters cant stop talking about him.he has over 8.6 M follows.his fame has spilled over into youtube with only 11 videos he has a staggering 3M subs and over 42M views.here is a sample of his "talent'

Speechless | Nash Grier - YouTube
and remember they make tons of money from this,one website reports that he makes over $25K per vine!!! just think about that the next time you have to get up in the morning to your low paying job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 02:06 PM

1,964 posts, read 4,677,978 times
I've heard from friends who work in advertising/social media that the top Viners are pulling down several hundred grand through sponsorships, product placement and get this, performance assemblies (a/k/a Meet and Greet's) where parents actually pay $$ so their daughters can snap selfies, hug & hangout with these so-called "celebs". I really miss the days of the old Youtube where at least comedic teens like that KevJumba and Shane Dawson had to at least put in a modicum in effort in filming and editing their skits. These Viners are like Disney kids capitalizing on their wholesome suburban good looks, except they have no talent for acting or singing. Supposedly the best thing they can come up with is a Stupid Pet Trick called "Grind on Me" which is a variation on an old-school B-boy move known as a Bronco to a Worm.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,187,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
I've heard from friends who work in advertising/social media that the top Viners are pulling down several hundred grand through sponsorships, product placement and get this, performance assemblies (a/k/a Meet and Greet's) where parents actually pay $$ so their daughters can snap selfies, hug & hangout with these so-called "celebs". I really miss the days of the old Youtube where at least comedic teens like that KevJumba and Shane Dawson had to at least put in a modicum in effort in filming and editing their skits. These Viners are like Disney kids capitalizing on their wholesome suburban good looks, except they have no talent for acting or singing. Supposedly the best thing they can come up with is a Stupid Pet Trick called "Grind on Me" which is a variation on an old-school B-boy move known as a Bronco to a Worm.
I've seen some of the magcon (meet and greet conventions) videos on youtube and its amazing to watch, just tap into that crazy teen girl audience and you're drowning in money, but I hope these kids are saving their pennies, looks fade and teen girls get bored and move on.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:48 AM

199 posts, read 225,281 times
The things these days that these younger kids can do to make nice cash is crazy. Makes me wish I had a fountain of youth and could start over as a teen again and get in on these dumb ways to get rich. If only I was 30 years younger. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or