U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 PM

8,425 posts, read 9,992,989 times

Advertisements

Wow..talk about rage inducing!!!

[soundcloud=400]158720628[/soundcloud]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 11:56 PM

1,755 posts, read 1,702,160 times
Wow!

Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 PM

384 posts, read 284,624 times
I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Comcast. However, that call was so annoying to listen to. I hope I never have to deal with a service representative from any company that is like that.

I know that Comcast's customer service offices are regional. I wonder if that particular region is losing customers left and right and they are being pressured for the hard sell... or whether that guy just sucks and doesn't know any better. Either way, a horrific experience for sure.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:12 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
Rule number one when contacting comcast, if you get an idiot hang up and call again.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:10 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,063,422 times
So wrong it's funny. It's a nice metaphor for the government

Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
So wrong it's funny. It's a nice metaphor for the government
Except that comcast does actually have some people that know what they're doing, the government...

Old 07-15-2014, 08:00 AM

894 posts, read 746,344 times
That customer service rep was looking to get fired. Hopefully they accommodated him.

the customer was extremely patient. Much more than I would be.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 AM

40,182 posts, read 41,790,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfProfessional View Post
I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Comcast.
As far as the service itself I've had very little issues, the internet rarely goes out and if does it's for a very short time. Talking with anyone on the phone can be a hassle sometimes but I think they do better than most.

This example though is inexcusable, I had a CC company try and pull the same BS on me once. They claimed they needed to send me forms etc. Told them the card was now lost or stolen.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,561,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
That customer service rep was looking to get fired. Hopefully they accommodated him.
I very highly doubt it. Those reps get paid based on how many people they keep with the company. It is probably BETTER for him that the customer hangs up on him and goes to someone else in the company because he was not the one ultimately discontinuing the service. If he had a report that said "customer left, don't know why" he would probably get reprimanded or fired.

I just hear a guy desperate for his paycheck, and he would rather have that person hang up on them to avoid disconnecting service. He was trying to find out why he was leaving. Price? He would have offered a discounted rate. Service? He'll have someone over to check it out. If it is something beyond the rep's control (no service where the person lives, etc) it doesn't look bad for him at the end of the month. He needs the people he talks to to wind up staying with his company.

Frankly, I think the guy calling is kind of being an ass, egging him on like that. Sure, he should be able to just call and cancel service instead of answering some questions first but it's not the rep's fault that comcast is the worst company on earth, he's just trying to put some food on the table.

Something about flies and honey and whatnot.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:55 PM

7,260 posts, read 4,846,273 times
Should have asked for a supervisor within the first 90 seconds.

The customer wasn't at fault in this at all - he made it clear that all he wanted to do was cancel his service, period. He didn't owe the CSR any more of an explanation than that, and he only became testy when the kid repeatedly refused to do what he was asking him to do. If doing what the customer asked for was against the company's policy, and would have put the kid's job at risk, that's not the customer's fault and it's not his problem. Why should he be obligated to play along and help the kid meet his numbers? He wasn't being an ass at all; he was one heck of a lot more courteous to the kid than I would have been by that point.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 07-16-2014 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or