U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 12:18 PM

5,894 posts, read 4,416,516 times

Advertisements

Let's see....Facebook is perfectly honest and will never do anything to cause a breach into our privacy. And, the NSA does not spy on people. Well, I'm 100% sold!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 PM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
I can't wait to see how bad dude freaks out when/if google glass becomes mainstream. I'm all for privacy, but going postal on a forum does absolutely nothing to further the cause, if it concerns you then lobby for change. Running from thread to thread doing a chicken little will get you nowhere.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:30 PM

5,869 posts, read 2,584,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I can't wait to see how bad dude freaks out when/if google glass becomes mainstream. I'm all for privacy, but going postal on a forum does absolutely nothing to further the cause, if it concerns you then lobby for change. Running from thread to thread doing a chicken little will get you nowhere.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:32 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,273,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
par·a·phrase
ˈparəˌfrāz/Submit
verb: express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.
"A direct quote is words from another author (besides yourself) that are copied verbatim. This always needs quotes. Paraphrasing does not use quotes."

Old 08-14-2014, 06:41 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,593,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
So if you goto a restaurant and sit next to someone WITH A SMARTPHONE and they have facebook which has thier camera activated and it takes your picture and they find out your name,etc and start building a database on you AND YOU START GETTING SPAM,ETC...... From your info being sold,YOU WOULDNT CARE??

These ppl are a danger to all of us!!!!!!!!!!! - They dont care about thier privacy OR ANYONE ELSES!!!!!!!

If someone is stupid enough to place that kind of information on Facebook they get what they deserve. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:49 AM

20,515 posts, read 20,511,864 times
"So if you goto a restaurant and sit next to someone WITH A SMARTPHONE and they have facebook which has thier camera activated and it takes your picture and they find out your name,etc and start building a database on you AND YOU START GETTING SPAM,ETC "

Someone goes to all the trouble of photographing people out in public and tracking them down just so they can send a few more spam emails???
Must be my spammers are a lot more intelligent than that and have found much easier ways .
Either that or I've never appreciated how much work they put into it.
I'll be much more gentle when I hit the delete button from now on, in acknowledgement of their efforts. That would be more work with less reward than most full time jobs.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:46 AM

11,815 posts, read 13,959,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
If someone is stupid enough to place that kind of information on Facebook they get what they deserve. Stupid is as stupid does.
WHAT kind of information? Re-read his post. Makes no sense.

Skinsguy: No one said FB is perfectly honest. They just aren't this evil empire that Rich and Dude fear...

Old 08-15-2014, 02:20 PM

I reread his post. My comment still stands as written. I have no idea what you are missing.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:30 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,468,711 times
Hmmm I personally hate Fakebook w/ a passion, lol
I never felt compelled to post my personal business for others to see-
I love my privacy too much.
And- I loathe the narcissism, the sleaziness & the pure stupidity of it.

That being said--
I met someone the other day, who's from another country & she wanted me to create a Fakebook
so she can introduce me to some really wonderful men in her beautiful country (good friends of hers)
who are just my cup of tea, lol
According to her- it's a perfect match.....

Now I'm torn

Btw- they do invade your privacy, & steal your info.....
Not too comfortable w/ that.....

Old 08-15-2014, 03:29 PM

You're about to be scammed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or