Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM

16,541 posts, read 19,668,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
There are people *everywhere* that are addicted to illegal drugs. I'm not going to join them. Also many of the people on FB don't stalk other people.
Missed my point. You are "avoiding anyone that posts on Facebook"... I am saying you already hang out with people that post on Facebook. Maybe even live with someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 02:20 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,554,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Missed my point. You are "avoiding anyone that posts on Facebook"... I am saying you already hang out with people that post on Facebook.
I don't know where you got that quote. I didn't state that. I said I'm staying away from people who post on FB. It is similar to what you said but I just want to be sure you're not getting my posts mixed up with something else.

Right. I do hang out with people who post on FB. But I have taken the time to try and find out if they are posting about others. If so I stay away from them as much as possible. I don't want to be involved with that kind of behavior.

The point is I don't want to be involved with creepy people doing creepy things. Stalking others on FB is one of the things I don't want involved with either directly or indirectly. That doesn't imply that everyone on FB is creepy or that everyone on FB is stalking people.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Question *

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave
No I shouldn't care
So if you goto a restaurant and sit next to someone WITH A SMARTPHONE and they have facebook which has thier camera activated and it takes your picture and they find out your name,etc and start building a database on you AND YOU START GETTING SPAM,ETC...... From your info being sold,YOU WOULDNT CARE??

These ppl are a danger to all of us!!!!!!!!!!! - They dont care about thier privacy OR ANYONE ELSES!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They dont care about thier privacy OR ANYONE ELSES!!!!!!!
McAfee was commenting on this stuff in an interview. It is an invasion of privacy.

I agree with the gist of your comments but most people don't see it.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
So if you goto a restaurant and sit next to someone WITH A SMARTPHONE and they have facebook which has thier camera activated and it takes your picture and they find out your name,etc and start building a database on you AND YOU START GETTING SPAM,ETC...... From your info being sold,YOU WOULDNT CARE??

These ppl are a danger to all of us!!!!!!!!!!! - They dont care about thier privacy OR ANYONE ELSES!!!!!!!
You are completely paranoid.
Please explain to me how anyone that takes your picture... from that alone... is going to do all those other things you talked about. It's painfully obvious you flat out do not understand the technology.

Rich, yes I was referring to that quote.

- You are "avoiding anyone that posts on Facebook"
- I said I'm staying away from people who post on FB

Is there a difference here?
You are also paranoid. Trust me, Rich, no one is posting about you on Facebook.
Well... maybe...
"My Uncle Rich is so paranoid about Facebook..."

Old 08-14-2014, 09:13 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
No I am AWARE of things!!

Old 08-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Rich, yes I was referring to that quote.
But you didn't quote me you made that sentence up.

I'm not paranoid. I've done my research I know what people do. I just don't want to be involved with such behavior.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You should look at this as a good thing. It's not about what they post. It's about who is doing the posting.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
If you think I can take your picture "with Facebook" and from that... only that... I can find out everything about you: you do not understand Facebook.

Rich:
par·a·phrase
ˈparəˌfrāz/Submit
verb: express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:12 AM

15,424 posts, read 25,792,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I saw a chemtrail yesterday. I drove 800 miles to avoid it. No one on Facebook seemed to care.
You mean no one "liked" your post about it? That's a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet